Astrill VPN and AirVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- Doesn’t keep any logs
- Allows P2P sharing
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Offers a 3-day free trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By cribstate on 09/25/2019I am in the field of infused and this has perfect forward privacy which means if someone or gov came to airvpn and asked for user information they can because the keys are randomized even airvpn doesn't know. my daughter uses this also,and loves it. she won't use the internet nor turn on her phone without it. beat this is you dont need a graphical UI . you can use opinion and import configs and keep it resource friendly. which they are also anyways. stick with airvpn, made by hackers and hacktivists.
- Submitted By Anon on 05/23/2019Nice to see a review site actually doing its job and not just earning money from the referral crowd without asking the really important questions (just ask yourself why so many referral sites always punt the same old crowd of VPN's - Express VPN, Air VPN, Nord VPN, Vypr VPN etc etc). Air VPN is an excellent true VPN at a fair price. Would like to see some server expansion into other continents over time but speeds are generally very good in any case. Unreserved recommendation as a true VPN and not just to duck Netflix geographical restrictions. Or similar nonsense.
- Submitted By Manah on 03/08/2018I am using AirVPN sin 2013 no complaint what so ever. Only one thing I don't like about AirVPN that they are based in Italy(14 eyes)
- Submitted By Roger Adams on 12/10/2016Doesn’t get better than this. By far the best VPN around!
AirVPN is one of the most innovative and advanced VPN protection services on the market. It boasts strong encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, offers absolute anonymity, and doesn’t keep any logs.