Surfshark and Astrill VPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Juha T on 06/13/2019I have only been using Surfshark for three weeks, but so far Surfshark works flawlessly, stable and fast. I get the most of my 300/100Mbit fiber (~260Mbit down 100Mbit up when checking the speed via a Surfshark server here in Sweden with a couple of speed checking sites to swedish testing servers) It is a bit worrisome to read that some, albeit few, claim that after a while they have problems with disconnections and problems with streaming services. Hopefully that is problems with their computer configurations rather than Surfshark. I guess I´ll have to wait and see. I take my chances since it was so cheap (i hope cheap in the sense "you get what you pay for ; ) ) I give 5 stars... for now.
- Submitted By Cehi J. on 06/10/2019Thanks for the review! I never used a VPN before, but when I found out that you can watch The Carrie Diaries on US Netflix, I immediately bought Surfshark. I live in Germany and this show isn't available here, so every time I need to change my IP address with a VPN.
- Submitted By Ramon on 05/28/2019My brother bought Surfshark subscription and said that I can use this app too because it offers unlimited simultaneous connections. At first, I thought ''bro, why you are wasting your money?'' but after a few weeks I found out that this app unblocks US Netflix, and I was absolutely amazed. So long story short, bravo for showing me the real power of Netflix.
- Submitted By H. M. on 05/23/2019Been using Surfshark for 6 months now, and i don't need to worry about connecting to public wi-fi anymore or be scared to enter credit cards credentials while buying stuff online. Besides, Surfshark easily unblocks all websites, no matter your location, so if you like US or UK Netflix I recommend to try it.
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way.They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.