When it comes to the popularity and quality of service, Avira Phantom VPN and Tunnelbear are very similar. Because of this, it can be tough for a user to decide which VPN to opt for. One provider has to be better, if not completely, then at least in those areas that interest you, the future user, the most.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- No DNS or IP leaks
- No user activity logs
- Incredibly easy to use
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Cristina Dawson on 12/08/2019I always feel comfortable knowing that I picked a company with a strong reputation so I don’t risk too much. I’m not an expert so I always rely on someone who traditionally delivers good products. With Avira, I know I’ve made the right decision. The vpn is reliable, runs smoothly and there are no licks whatsoever. What else can be more important than that?!
- Submitted By Natalia Chambers on 06/22/2019As an Avira anti-virus user for many years it wasn’t hard for me to choose their vpn as well and so far, I’m glad I did. It’s the same high-quality product which is easy to use. There are no extra features which is good for me since I don’t need them anyway. I simply turn it on when I need it and eventually choose server location if needed.
- Submitted By Lee on 05/11/2018Just terrible - leaks IPV6
- Submitted By Brandon White, on 06/28/2017Great vpn, I have nothing bad to say about it! Fast, not a single dropout so far and so simple, I didn’t even have to explain to my sister how it works.
- Submitted By Turtl3dud3 on 11/29/2019Fantastic, easy to use. Occasional connection problems, but ususually works great. It pretty much never has problems on my iPhone 6 (Impressive considering how old it is) but sometimes glitches on my Windows 10 computer.
- Submitted By Felix Z. on 09/29/2019Works perfectly, 500MB for free is actually pretty neat, if you recommend it you can get 1GB extra. I also can't complain about the speed.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
TunnelBear operates servers in 20+ world countries, uses strong encryption, boasts a variety of useful security features, and does not keep logs of your activity. Read our TunnelBear review for more info.