Astrill VPN and BolehVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- DNS leak protection
- VPN through TOR
- Great user support
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By KimB on 09/16/2019I’m only a basic user of it but I’ve never had any problem with connections, it’s always fast and reliable. I’m also not very tech literate so I love how easy it is to use.
- Submitted By Chuck on 07/27/2019Worked for a while, but just got my second letter from Spectrum tagging me for torrenting. I always turn on my VPN before I turn on my torrent client, so the issue is the VPN. Other than that it is pretty solid.
- Submitted By Eric on 05/19/2019It’s a great service. As someone with less technical skill, it required a learning curve but it was relatively easy to use once I did some research.
- Submitted By Kemp John on 03/20/2019BolehVPN is alright. Encryption on their server is great. Wish they had more servers. There was no IP or DNS leak. This is great
In this detailed Astrill VPN review, we introduce you to all the key qualities of this excellent VPN, including speeds, performance, level of anonymity, and the variety of security features it offers.