When it comes to the popularity and quality of service, Mullvad and Buffered VPN are very similar. Because of this, it can be tough for a user to decide which VPN to opt for. One provider has to be better, if not completely, then at least in those areas that interest you, the future user, the most.
- 5 simultaneous connections
- P2P allowed on all servers
- Cash and Bitcoin accepted
- Easy to use
- Money back guarantee
- Up to 5 connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By donkey on 12/06/2019I've been using Mullvad for over 2 years and am very happy with their service. I have a lot of computers and run numerous operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Servers, etc) and the setup is simple every time. They don't have as many servers as some of the bigger VPN services, but I get over 100Mb/sec when I'm connected through the app and they have servers that are very local to me on the east coast of the US. I especially love their wireguard support, which I use exclusively on my linux machines and I get my full bandwidth. It's blazing fast (for me) and the setup is super easy thanks to their configuration wizard, including the multihop feature. Even better is the ability to pay anonymously, you can even mail them cash and you never need to provide a name or even an email address!
- Submitted By Alex Fredrick on 09/03/2019If you are considering a VPN, stop considering anything other than Mullvad. I have used every VPN on the market and there is just no comparison to the features offered by Mullvad, The simplicity of their user interface, my grandma can use. Forget about all these numbers, (pings, speeds etc.) All the VPN's have same similar numbers so this is just wasting your time. However, aside from that, they are consistently updating and this company want to go #1, it obvious just one example their customer service. 5 Stars is just not enough
- Submitted By Mullvad User on 07/07/2019I am a Windows 8.1 PC user. This VPN works great initially, however, after several uses over a short spell of days or so, this VPN won't allow you to access the internet directly at all, without it being active on your Windows PC -- no matter what you do to adjust the settings, even if you Quit the app(with the correct settings ticked to enable you to connect to the internet WITHOUT this VPN active; You will NOT be able to access the internet; Many websites limit their functionality or completely disallow connections through a VPN. I have used this VPN with my Windows 7 & 8.1 (PCs) and experienced this issue consistently with both over the past year that I have used Mullvad VPN for Windows. And even if you need to update to their most recent version, the issue will re-emerge shortly after doing so. If you wanted this problem addressed, you would have to connect with a 3rd party via email that will need to document everything in order to service this issue!! -- reasonable anonymity is then out-the-window!! So I have to assume that Mullvad is earning money from the 3rd party customer service(email) that they invite you to reference for help exclusively. Now of course, I don't experience this issue using Mullvad's servers via OpenVPN -- but OpenVPN can't offer the full security features like the Kill Switch, etc. I do however, continue to use Mullvad VPN on my Windows PC, because it's the most cost effective, reliable and secure VPN(I feel) that I can use!
- Submitted By Gretter on 05/05/2019Mullvad does not work out of the box in China. Just home from China, here's a bit of hands on experience. Prior to travel, I tested it from europe. No problems. Tweaking settings as described didn't work for me. I'm a techie, but not on vpn, so some of it was in the blind. Combined with Wireguard, I did get a vpn connection. But I would not have been able to download the Wireguard app without a second working vpn connection. Now, I realize that there's probably sneaky way's to make this work, but if you're the average user... I don't recommend this vpn solutions for your China adventure as of early 2019.
- Submitted By BB on 09/21/2018Dishonest policy regarding 20 day trial. If you use the service for more than 10 hours no refund is issued. They should be honest and call it a 10 hour trial.
- Submitted By Owen Barnes, on 06/18/2017Instant setup, yeah right! It takes ages! But once you go through five consecutive nervous breakdowns and somehow make it work it becomes like a loyal pet and does everything you ask it to.
- Submitted By Michael Davis, on 04/12/2017Really good vpn, works properly in the US and even better in Europe, in my opinion. But it’s quite expensive and there isn’t even a free trial, so maybe you should work on that.
- Submitted By Keyla Pope, on 01/09/2017Buffered is excellent if you ask me. It’s fast, I can use it on almost any device I can think of and it rarely drops out. However, people can’t know that before trying it out and it’s not really cool that there’s no free trial, not even for a day.
Mullvad is a VPN company from Sweden dedicated to providing optimal user security paired with an ironclad no-logging policy. Read our Mullvad review to learn all about the company and the service it provides.