CyberGhost VS OneVPN Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
OneVPN and CyberGhost both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
Best For Beginners
Best For Fans Of Torrenting
OneVPN is a minimalistic VPN provider located in Hong Kong. Offering just basic VPN features, it is a good solution for beginners without prior technical knowledge.
- Excellent connection speeds
- Solid security configuration
- Strict no-logging policy
CyberGhost offers feature-rich services at reasonable prices with a 30-day money back guarantee and a free trial. Great speeds and an easy to use custom client make this provider one of the most popular VPN providers around.
- Unlimited data
- 7000+ servers
* The prices shown represent the cost of one month within different subscriptions. To see all available plans and pricing options, check individual reviews.
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
OpenVPN; PPTP; L2TP
AES-256; RSA-2048 exchange; SHA-256 authentication
DNS Leak Protection
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
DNS Leak Protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Brennen Navarro on 12/02/2019This is a very reliable program and it’s fast as hell. It streams really fast without any interruptions which I especially liked there’s nothing that annoys me more than when I’m trying t watch the show and it keeps stopping every few seconds. The only thing I’ve noticed that it doesn’t block ads which is a bit weird and I still have to use adblocker in chrome.
- Submitted By Elsie Curry on 02/20/2019I like that is easy extremely easy to use. I’m not much of a tech expert but even I can navigate just fine. It’s just a basic looking vpn program that does exactly what it’s supposed to. I had to install it for business purposes but other than that I don’t really need it so it’s great that I don’t have to explore thousands of features that don’t interest me at all.
- Submitted By John Scott on 11/19/2018I purchased a "lifetime" subscription with OneVPN.com. I used it for a month, then downloaded their upgraded client and was unable to log in. The website has no way to automatically reset your password. Instead, a popup tells you to send an email to email@example.com. I have requested a password reset four times by using their firstname.lastname@example.org email address and have not received a reply to any of my emails. I went on their website and tried to use their 24/7 chat and the "Submit" button is missing, so chatting is impossible. This company is based in Hong Kong and I have not been able to contact anyone to reset my password. If this company is not a scam, then prove it.
- Submitted By Mike C on 06/19/2018Nothing special about this one. There are much better (and secure) optionbs out there.
- Submitted By Mya Andersen on 01/02/2020This is by far the safest vpn out there. My friend who is really good at this stuff told me it uses military-grade encryption which can’t be broken and that if someone was to tamper with your connection would need a key that changes every hour so it would be impossible to do it.
- Submitted By Kaia Salinas on 10/20/2019I’ve read that some people had problems with disconnecting when streaming but that’s not the case for me. The main purpose of my vpn is using it to stream shows from netfix in the us and so, far I didn’t experience any interruptions. So, there’s nothing to worry about.
- Submitted By Mathieu on 08/23/2019I bought a 89$ three-year plan for Cyberghost 10 months ago. It was clear that it was a 3-years deal. But 10 months later, what do I see, they take 89 more bucks from my credit card. What the hell??? Not even a year? I e-mailed them a week ago to ask explanations + a refund --- no answer! They are a fraudulent company. You can get a good VPN out there for much cheaper - even free. And they probably won't keep spamming illegal payments off your credit card which you trustfully shared with them! That's a 1-star rating, would be 0 star if it was possible. I'm not done with them.
- Submitted By Arnold McGall on 06/11/2019I erroneously signed up for auto-renew with Cyberghost. Some how I missed any way to turn auto-renew off. Sure enough, right on schedule, my Cyberghost subscription was renewed for another year. I contacted them via their support chat system. The only apparent way to contact them. I was told it would take 1 day to receive an email confirming my request for cancellation and a refund. And that the refund would take 5 - 10 days. I explained that that was unreasonable as it took minutes for them to charge my credit card. But it would take 5-10 days to refund the charge. The contact named Joey didn't seem to think this was extraordinary. I'm sure if someone took $66 USD out of his paycheck he would be upset too. To-date I have seen no email from Cyberghost confirming my request for a refund and cancellation of my account. Instead I got an email welcoming me to their VPN service for another year! I will contact my bank and they will reverse the charge. Thus, thwarting Cyberghost's attempt to steal money from me.
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.