ProtonVPN and CyberGhost are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Great ease of use
- AES-256 encryption
- DNS leak protection
- Unlimited data
- 2770 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Libero Zagreo on 02/28/2019I have a Plus account and I use it both on Linux (Debian) and Android. I don't know why many websites don't consider Proton in they comparisons: it seems to be an excellent VPN service, not cheap but if you can afford a Plus account it's worth the money. Visionary is very expensive but it's for companies and most users don't need it at all. Speed is decent and, if you use a close server, it's almost equal to your normal speed. What i like of Proton is the secure-core option (only for Plus and Visionary) that allow you to use an extra server located in a privacy-friendly country and the TOR servers: thanks to TOR servers you can browse onion sites without installing TOR: you just enable onion in Firefox from "about:config": find "network.dns.blockDotOnion;true", double click and change it to "network.dns.blockDotOnion;false". You are done! On Android it works like a charm both on wifi and data. For Linux users my advice is to use the command line version rather than manage it from the network-manager. My final thought about it: ProtonVPN is a solid reliable service to protect your privacy and encrypt your traffic.
- Submitted By Bharat Sahu on 02/19/20195 stars
- Submitted By Martin Dale on 05/28/2018This is brilliant for what I want it for, using it for Windows now just waiting for it to be on the Amazon Firestick/TV.
- Submitted By Roger Daniels on 01/16/2018THE best VPN, if you can afford Plus or Visionary.
- Submitted By ray on 02/09/2019decided to cancel cyberghost after one day..not working as I would like...took 2 minutes for them to accept paymeny..have been waiting over a week for refund ..cotacted them again..next reply was..(sorry lost in system) re-submitting...may take 5 to 10 more days to refung….Be very carefull of this company if you are not satisfied..you may never get your money back...not impressed with this outfit...would never recommend it
- Submitted By Aaron on 05/14/2018Tried cyberghost for a week, however, they didn't support what I needed them for (site-to-site) even after they said they could over chat. Cancelled the service and thought that was that. 6 months later they started charging my card again, however, my username and password don't work since the account was cancelled and their support isn't very helpful.
- Submitted By Aidan Hunter on 01/19/2018I’ve always liked CyberGhost but have to say that I’m pretty disappointed with how it’s handling the Netflix thing. For a while now I haven’t been able to stream without glitches, errors, and a whole lot of problems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, I just can’t rely on it (Netflix-wise).
- Submitted By Stephanie L on 12/21/2017I like the VPN but I don’t like the customer service. They act all friendly but treat me like I’m stupid or something and I have to ask 5 times to get a straight answer.
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.