We bring you a detailed comparison of two of the fastest, most reliable and secure VPN service providers around: ExpressVPN and IPVanish. Both solutions are in the very top of the market, but the best one for you will be the one that best fulfills your individual needs.
In order to help you make the right choice, our experts worked hard on providing you with a clear and handy ExpressVPN vs. IPVanish comparison, focusing on 7 of the most important aspects of VPN protection.
|Value For Money|
|Read Review||Read Review|
It is easy to get lost in the abundance of features VPN providers offer and by the time you read through all the info about one of them, you will probably have forgotten half of the details you learned about the previous solution you checked out. Here, you can see exactly how one compares to another in seven crucial aspects of this kind of service, including reliability, performance, support and of course, the price.
- ExpressVPN is compatible with all major operating systems for all devices that could require VPN protection, including desktop and laptop computers, smartphones and tablets, wireless routers and various consoles such as Xbox.
- IPVanish covers just as wide range of operating systems and devices as ExpressVPN, which makes it equally excellent in this aspect.
- ExpressVPN offers support via email and live chat, which is available 24/7. It also has a comprehensive FAQ section and useful tutorial page for beginners.
- IPVanish does not feature a live chat, but does offer 24/7 email ticket support, complemented with extraordinarily good FAQ section and setup guides.
- ExpressVPN offers shared dynamic IP addresses, making it practically impossible to trace the IP back to individual users. The total number of IPs available is 336.
- IPVanish operates on the same basis as ExpressVPN, using shared dynamic IP addresses (with a whopping number of 40000 IPS available) for maximum anonymity.
- ExpressVPN offers three packages differing exclusively in the duration of the subscription (one, six or 12 months), ranging from $12.95 for monthly subscription to $8.32 per month for an annual subscription billed once a year.
- IPVanish also gives you the chance to choose between three subscription periods – one, three or 12 months. It is somewhat more affordable than ExpressVPN, with prices ranging from $10 for monthly subscription to $6.49 per month for a yearly subscription.
- The default protocol for ExpressVPN is Open VPN protocol; however, in addition to the default option, it offers L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP protocols.
- IPVanish also offers great security with OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec protocols, but its offer does not include an SSTP protocol.
Performance & Reliability
- ExpressVPN is characterized by amazing reliability, with 500 servers available in 136 cities in 87 countries, allowing for secure and anonymous browsing from nearly every corner of the world. Its performance is impeccable, with no speed limitations and unlimited bandwidth and server switching. It allows up to 3 simultaneous connections and also offers a P2P option.
- IPVanish also maintains an extremely high level of reliability and performance, with 500 servers in over 60 countries (especially numerous in the major world countries), unlimited bandwidth, server switching and speed, up to 5 simultaneous connections and spotless performance across all tests ran by our expert team (most importantly, no DSN leaks that would indicate any privacy threats). P2P is also allowed.
Security & Protection
- ExpressVPN earns its great reputation by providing an extremely high level of security. Your privacy is secured by multifold protection, including a kill switch, NAT firewall and no traffic logs. They support Bitcoin.
- IPVanish also takes great care of your privacy, applying a full zero logs policy and you can pay with BitCoin and provide no personal information, entering only your email address and a password. Shared IPs, combined with kill switch and WIFI protection guarantee maximum security while browsing.