ExpressVPN VS OneVPN Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
OneVPN and ExpressVPN are highly popular worldwide thanks to the high level of protection and anonymity they provide. They are fast, reliable, and safe, which is why we warmly recommend them as premium-quality VPN solutions. However, if you are curious to find out which one of them represents a more advantageous option, this OneVPN VS ExpressVPN comparison can help you see exactly how they compare to one another and which one boasts a more impressive offer.
Best For Beginners
OneVPN is a minimalistic VPN provider located in Hong Kong. Offering just basic VPN features, it is a good solution for beginners without prior technical knowledge.
- Excellent connection speeds
- Solid security configuration
- Strict no-logging policy
Excellent geographic coverage paired with a top-notch security suite with all the best protocols is what makes ExpressVPN one of the best VPN providers on the market. Great for accessing restricted websites and anonymous browsing.
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 3,000 servers
* The prices shown represent the cost of one month within different subscriptions. To see all available plans and pricing options, check individual reviews.
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
OpenVPN; PPTP; L2TP
AES-256; RSA-2048 exchange; SHA-256 authentication
DNS Leak Protection
British Virgin Islands
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, OpenVPN
no traffic logs
DNS Leak Protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Brennen Navarro on 12/02/2019This is a very reliable program and it’s fast as hell. It streams really fast without any interruptions which I especially liked there’s nothing that annoys me more than when I’m trying t watch the show and it keeps stopping every few seconds. The only thing I’ve noticed that it doesn’t block ads which is a bit weird and I still have to use adblocker in chrome.
- Submitted By Elsie Curry on 02/20/2019I like that is easy extremely easy to use. I’m not much of a tech expert but even I can navigate just fine. It’s just a basic looking vpn program that does exactly what it’s supposed to. I had to install it for business purposes but other than that I don’t really need it so it’s great that I don’t have to explore thousands of features that don’t interest me at all.
- Submitted By John Scott on 11/19/2018I purchased a "lifetime" subscription with OneVPN.com. I used it for a month, then downloaded their upgraded client and was unable to log in. The website has no way to automatically reset your password. Instead, a popup tells you to send an email to email@example.com. I have requested a password reset four times by using their firstname.lastname@example.org email address and have not received a reply to any of my emails. I went on their website and tried to use their 24/7 chat and the "Submit" button is missing, so chatting is impossible. This company is based in Hong Kong and I have not been able to contact anyone to reset my password. If this company is not a scam, then prove it.
- Submitted By Mike C on 06/19/2018Nothing special about this one. There are much better (and secure) optionbs out there.
- Submitted By Victor Vega on 12/20/2019Speed quality is constant and there are no disconnections. Once you find the right server you can count on the same speed and reliable performance. I had to buy a license for two more connections but if you don’t need it for your work as a do, the original five simultaneous connections are more than you probably need. Overall, I think its a great product that offers value for money, I’ve paid $6.67 for a year, that’s the price per month and I’ve got three extra months for free so it’s around 100$ for 15 months which I think is a good deal.
- Submitted By Al Gonzalez on 11/29/2019ExpressVPN is probably the best ones out unless you live or work in the Orwellian nation of PRC where almost every VPN is blocked and you need bridges with Tor to access the web uncensored. ExpressVPN have some of the fastest and most stable servers you can use. You can be using the same server for weeks and even a month and it doesn't die out or disconnect. Very reliable for streaming and P2P the speed is close to my vanilla connection. No IP or DNS leaks easy to use and straight forward. The only real con is the damn price almost cost $100 for their best plan but 15 months of speedy and stable servers makes it worth it if you are a heavy streamer or downloader.
- Submitted By Alain Kaninda on 10/31/2019Overall it is good when it works. There are sites that cannot be unlocked. My greatest disastisfaction with Express VPN is the speed. I have a 40mbps connection, and it runs at speeds under 10 mbps.So sometimes, the pic quality is not as good as it should be. Except when I connect to the South African server. But It won't allow me to access services elesewhere. That's the biggest negative point of your service!!!
- Submitted By Martin on 10/30/2019I'm a new user of Express and I have not been impressed since day 1. Not a good VPN for use in China currently. Very few available connections and all very slow to connect. Once connected the speeds are incredibly poor. Whilst this may not be entirely Express's fault they do not seem to be responding as well as other VPN's to the changing restrictions in China. My previous VPN (Astrill) was much more reliable in China. I only switched as Express offered connectivity options for Apple TV and Raspberry PI. No chance to connect either under the current conditions. I'm cancelling my subscription and switching to another VPN before the 30 day trial expires. --
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services located in the British Virgin Islands and sporting a solid security setup, vast server network, excellent speeds and performance, and impressive geo-spoofing capabilities.