ExpressVPN and PureVPN are both top-notch VPN providers, so deciding which one to go with can be a tough gig. That is precisely why we did this comprehensive ExpressVPN vs PureVPN comparison, based on a number of important factors that people generally focus on when choosing a VPN provider.
|Value For Money|
|Read Review||Read Review|
In this ExpressVPN vs PureVPN comparison, we will examine different aspects of each of these two reputable VPN service providers and see which one fares best in those particular areas. Like we said, these are both excellent providers and each of them excels in certain areas.
- ExpressVPN is supported on a wide range of devices and platforms, not just the most popular ones like Windows and Mac but also Linux and mobile operating systems like iOS and Android. It also works on Windows phone and even on Xbox and routers.
- PureVPN also works on all major platforms and devices, from Windows and Mac to Linux, Android, and iOS devices. You can also use it on Xbox and routers. Unlike ExpressVPN, it is not supported on Windows phones.
- ExpressVPN offers excellent customer support, available through live chat, email support, and an excellent knowledgebase. They do not offer phone support.
- Much like its competitor, PureVPN offers almost all industry-standard types of customer support, including email support and live chat. You cannot reach the support staff by phone. On the other hand, their knowledgebase and FAQ section are excellent.
- ExpressVPN has a total of 336 IP addresses available. They offer shared dynamic IPs, which is always a good thing since it significantly reduces the chance of your address being traced back to you.
- PureVPN has as many as 80,000 IP addresses available to their users, which is definitely impressive. They have dedicated IPs too.
- ExpressVPN offers a slightly more expensive but still quite affordable monthly plan at $12.95. Longer subscriptions are generally cheaper, so a 6-month plan will cost you $9.99 per month while a yearly one will be $8.32 per month. This provider does not offer a free trial or a free limited version, but there is a convenient 30-day money back guarantee. ExpressVPN accepts Bitcoin.
- PureVPN offers a one-month plan at $9.95, which is cheaper than ExpressVPN. Their six-month subscription is $7.49. They do not offer a single-year plan but instead have a very convenient 2-year subscription which comes up to just $2.08 per month. Just like ExpressVPN, PureVPN does not offer a free trial or a free limited version. The money-back guarantee only lasts one week. Bitcoin is supported here as well.
- This provider offers all the standard security protocols in use these days, from OpenVPN, which is the safest, to L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP.
- Much like ExpressVPN, PureVPN offers the full security suite with protocols that include L2TP, PPTP, SSTP, and, of course, the golden standard of security protocols, OpenVPN.
Performance & Reliability
- ExpressVPN has 500 servers located in 87 countries of the world. It allows up to three simultaneous connections and comes with unlimited bandwidth, server switching, and speed. P2P is allowed.
- PureVPN also has 500 servers. However, with 141 countries in its offer, PureVPN’s geographic coverage is definitely better. It also tops the competitor by allowing up to five simultaneous connections. P2P is allowed and you get unlimited speed, server switching, and bandwidth too.
Security & Protection
- This provider uses first party DNS servers and offers security tools such as kill switch and NAT firewall. It provides AES-256 encryption. Unfortunately, there are no ad or malware blockers, Wi-Fi protection or split tunneling. ExpressVPN does not keep or track any logs.
- With first party DNS servers, kill switch, NAT firewall, Wi-Fi protection, and split tunneling, PureVPN fares a bit better than ExpressVPN when it comes to security. However, this provider does keep some logs, which is a deal breaker for many users.
Side by Side Comparison
|24/7 Phone Support|
|FAQ / Knowledgebase|
|Shared IP - Static|
|Shared IP - Dynamic|
|Free Limited Version|
|Performance & Reliability|
|Number Of Servers|
|Number Of Connections|
|Number Of Countries|
|Unlimited server switching|
|Security & Protection|
|1st Party DNS Servers|
|No logs policy|
|Strongest Data Encryption|