The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. ProtonVPN and HideMyAss have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our ProtonVPN VS HideMyAss comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Great ease of use
- AES-256 encryption
- DNS leak protection
- 940+ servers
- 120000 IPs
- Easy to use
- 24/7/365 support
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By SB135 on 07/31/2019I'm happy with ProtonVPN, in todays world of hacking, its best to be safe than sorry, so if you can afford the Visionary Plan go for it, gives you both encrypted email for your own email and domain names and ProtonVPN is included in that price. If there is company worth supporting by buying a subscription it is certainly this one. I also like the idea that it is Swiss based. Very Happy, i highly recommend ProtonVPN to all internet users and if you can afford it buying a yearly subscription is worth the effort! You simply can't put a price of security these days!
- Submitted By Libero Zagreo on 02/28/2019I have a Plus account and I use it both on Linux (Debian) and Android. I don't know why many websites don't consider Proton in they comparisons: it seems to be an excellent VPN service, not cheap but if you can afford a Plus account it's worth the money. Visionary is very expensive but it's for companies and most users don't need it at all. Speed is decent and, if you use a close server, it's almost equal to your normal speed. What i like of Proton is the secure-core option (only for Plus and Visionary) that allow you to use an extra server located in a privacy-friendly country and the TOR servers: thanks to TOR servers you can browse onion sites without installing TOR: you just enable onion in Firefox from "about:config": find "network.dns.blockDotOnion;true", double click and change it to "network.dns.blockDotOnion;false". You are done! On Android it works like a charm both on wifi and data. For Linux users my advice is to use the command line version rather than manage it from the network-manager. My final thought about it: ProtonVPN is a solid reliable service to protect your privacy and encrypt your traffic.
- Submitted By Bharat Sahu on 02/19/20195 stars
- Submitted By Martin Dale on 05/28/2018This is brilliant for what I want it for, using it for Windows now just waiting for it to be on the Amazon Firestick/TV.
- Submitted By Jolly Joker on 08/08/2016Great service!!!
- Submitted By Matt S. on 07/04/2016Very good service and there is that ridiculous list of server locations. Support is very good and I am also getting pretty decent speeds.
If you are looking for a VPN provider with an impressive number of servers and an unmatched geographic presence, then Hide My Ass is the right choice for you. In addition to this, they also offer cool features, great flexibility, and reliability.