In order to truly browse the Internet securely and privately, as well as protect your sensitive information, it's crucial to find the best VPN service provider for your needs. In case you are not sure whether to go with CyberGhost or Hotspot Shield, this CyberGhost vs. Hotspot Shield comparison is here to help you make a decision.
- Unlimited data
- 2770 servers
- User-friendly client
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Strict no logs policy
- 7-day trial version
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jay Milan on 04/03/2019QUESTION , CAN CYBER GHOST BE USED TO CHEAT IN A RELATIONSHIP? (i.e: UNDETECTED IG, Facebook, phone numbers, texts) if so how ???
- Submitted By Russell Large on 03/19/2019Been using for 18 months. It has had its ups and downs and drop off etc, but it works and works well on all devices and i am just too lazy to start trying out others, as these all have their little foibles and take precious time to learn the configurations etc. SO, unless this gets buggy i'll keep on using and paying for this one thank you for the reply cyber, you are always more than helpful. I have issues with drop offs, but it waits a minute then reconnects automatically. I am sure that eventually it will self resolve as i travel a lot and it could simply be the various routers configurations causing this
- Submitted By Joe A on 03/19/2019this vpn is 5 star. best ive ever used. super fast and discreet browsing. honestly my only complaint is that it wants me to keep rating it once im off. also dont change display to bigger views or you might never close this program. it will blow up so big youi wont be able to do anything with it. your options are program manager to close it or restart lol.
- Submitted By ray on 02/09/2019decided to cancel cyberghost after one day..not working as I would like...took 2 minutes for them to accept paymeny..have been waiting over a week for refund ..cotacted them again..next reply was..(sorry lost in system) re-submitting...may take 5 to 10 more days to refung….Be very carefull of this company if you are not satisfied..you may never get your money back...not impressed with this outfit...would never recommend it
- Submitted By bellokelvin on 03/17/2019hotspot shield works perfectly on iphone when i were using it in 2010 bt i dont kw if it also work great in an an android phone
- Submitted By Felix Kiesinger, on 12/15/2016Very good vpn, easy to use and really reliable. I’ve been using it for a couple of years, still satisfied.
- Submitted By Norma Kelly, on 11/04/2016Hotspot Shield really works for me. I get to watch Netflix and open any site, even from my dorm. Elite plan is great, I can use it on my laptop, phone and Kindle at the same time.
- Submitted By Gregory Thomas, on 06/24/2016Quite good. Just don’t like that my internet gets slow sometimes, but I guess that’s because I often use those European servers.
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.
Both CyberGhost and Hotspot Shield offer high-level protection. However, one may be slightly better than the other.
Our team has established the main features of a good VPN – from the protocols it offers to the type of customer support they have. After comparing the features of these two VPNs, you can determine which is better for you.
- CyberGhost supports all major platforms, so it is compatible with devices that use Windows, Mac, Android, iOS or Linux.
- Hotspot Shield also works on Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and Linux.
- CyberGhost has an informative knowledgebase that contains guides, FAQ, Troubleshooter, and a few other sections. There’s a search box, so it’s very simple to find anything you need. In case you don’t find the answer to your question there, you can contact customer support by submitting a ticket or via live chat. The trouble is that their live chat is available only during Eastern European working hours.
- Hotspot Shield offers an in-depth FAQ section and instructions that are easy to browse through. They don’t have a live chat, but you can always fill a ticket online and receive the answer via email.
- CyberGhost offers only dynamic/shared IP addresses to their customers.
- Hotspot Shield works with dynamic/shared IP addresses for now.
- CyberGhost has a free version and three
subscription plans. This includes a monthly subscription ($10.99 per month), a 6-month deal ($47.94), and a 12-month plan ($58.88).
- Hotspot Shield offers a free 7-day trial and its Elite subscription. The Elite lifetime subscription costs $119.99. In case you’d like a shorter subscription plan, you can choose between the annual plan, which is $5.99 per month, the semi-annual for $8.99 per month, and the monthly subscription that costs $12.99 per month.
- CyberGhost uses the best protocols on the market, including OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP.
- Hotspot Shield doesn’t say which protocols they use, but they do provide excellent encryption.
Performance & Reliability
- Over 1,100 CyberGhost servers are located in 51 world countries. With CyberGhost, you can enjoy unlimited bandwidth and traffic.
- Hotspot Shield servers can be found in 25 countries around the world. Users of Hotspot Shield get unlimited bandwidth, good speed, and a stable connection.
Security & Protection
- CyberGhost uses the strongest 256-bit encryption to protect their customer’s privacy. This VPN provider doesn’t keep any user activity logs and provides an anti-fingerprinting system. CyberGhost accepts BitCoin payments to keep you anonymous while paying as well.
- Hotspot Shield has a strict no-logs policy and allows torrenting. In addition to that, Hotspot Shield provides an ad-blocker and keeps you safe from malware.