In order to truly browse the Internet securely and privately, as well as protect your sensitive information, it's crucial to find the best VPN service provider for your needs. In case you are not sure whether to go with CyberGhost or Hotspot Shield, this CyberGhost vs. Hotspot Shield comparison is here to help you make a decision.
|Value For Money|
|Read Review||Read Review|
Both CyberGhost and Hotspot Shield offer high-level protection. However, one may be slightly better than the other.
Our team has established the main features of a good VPN – from the protocols it offers to the type of customer support they have. After comparing the features of these two VPNs, you can determine which is better for you.
- CyberGhost supports all major platforms, so it is compatible with devices that use Windows, Mac, Android, iOS or Linux.
- Hotspot Shield also works on Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and Linux.
- CyberGhost has an informative knowledgebase that contains guides, FAQ, Troubleshooter, and a few other sections. There’s a search box, so it’s very simple to find anything you need. In case you don’t find the answer to your question there, you can contact customer support by submitting a ticket or via live chat. The trouble is that their live chat is available only during Eastern European working hours.
- Hotspot Shield offers an in-depth FAQ section and instructions that are easy to browse through. They don’t have a live chat, but you can always fill a ticket online and receive the answer via email.
- CyberGhost offers only dynamic/shared IP addresses to their customers.
- Hotspot Shield works with dynamic/shared IP addresses for now.
- CyberGhost has a free version and two subscription plans. The Premium plan costs $5.83 per month if billed annually and the Premium Plus subscription is $9.16 a month if you pay for it once a year.
- Hotspot Shield offers a free 7-day trial and its Elite subscription. The Elite lifetime subscription costs $139.99. In case you’d like a shorter subscription plan, you can choose between the annual plan, which is $5.99 per month, the semi-annual for $8.99 per month, and the monthly subscription that costs $12.99 per month.
- CyberGhost uses the best protocols on the market, including OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP.
- Hotspot Shield doesn’t say which protocols they use, but they do provide excellent encryption.
Performance & Reliability
- Over 700 CyberGhost servers are located in 29 world countries. With CyberGhost, you can enjoy unlimited bandwidth and traffic.
- Hotspot Shield servers can be found in 20 countries around the world. Users of Hotspot Shield get unlimited bandwidth, good speed, and a stable connection.
Security & Protection
- CyberGhost uses the strongest 256-bit encryption to protect their customer’s privacy. This VPN provider doesn’t keep any user activity logs and provides an anti-fingerprinting system. CyberGhost accepts BitCoin payments to keep you anonymous while paying as well.
- Hotspot Shield has a strict no-logs policy and allows torrenting. In addition to that, Hotspot Shield provides an ad-blocker and keeps you safe from malware.