In order to truly browse the Internet securely and privately, as well as protect your sensitive information, it's crucial to find the best VPN service provider for your needs. In case you are not sure whether to go with CyberGhost or Hotspot Shield, this CyberGhost vs. Hotspot Shield comparison is here to help you make a decision.
- Unlimited data
- 1300+ servers
- User-friendly client
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Strict no logs policy
- 7-day trial version
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Aidan Hunter on 01/19/2018I’ve always liked CyberGhost but have to say that I’m pretty disappointed with how it’s handling the Netflix thing. For a while now I haven’t been able to stream without glitches, errors, and a whole lot of problems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, I just can’t rely on it (Netflix-wise).
- Submitted By Stephanie L on 12/21/2017I like the VPN but I don’t like the customer service. They act all friendly but treat me like I’m stupid or something and I have to ask 5 times to get a straight answer.
- Submitted By Roger Wright on 11/22/2017Should be no.1 on the list, better than others by a mile.
- Submitted By John Quartaro on 10/19/2017I tried Cyberghost pro for a month. I cancelled, but they keep billing me. When I attempt to log onto their website, the response is that my password is wrong. When I try to change password their response is my email address is not in their system. When I try their chat feature the reply is that there is no one currently available. So far they've billed me two months for a service I can't use. Zero stars as far as I'm concerned, but your site requires at least a one star.
- Submitted By Felix Kiesinger, on 12/15/2016Very good vpn, easy to use and really reliable. I’ve been using it for a couple of years, still satisfied.
- Submitted By Norma Kelly, on 11/04/2016Hotspot Shield really works for me. I get to watch Netflix and open any site, even from my dorm. Elite plan is great, I can use it on my laptop, phone and Kindle at the same time.
- Submitted By Gregory Thomas, on 06/24/2016Quite good. Just don’t like that my internet gets slow sometimes, but I guess that’s because I often use those European servers.
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.
Both CyberGhost and Hotspot Shield offer high-level protection. However, one may be slightly better than the other.
Our team has established the main features of a good VPN – from the protocols it offers to the type of customer support they have. After comparing the features of these two VPNs, you can determine which is better for you.
- CyberGhost supports all major platforms, so it is compatible with devices that use Windows, Mac, Android, iOS or Linux.
- Hotspot Shield also works on Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and Linux.
- CyberGhost has an informative knowledgebase that contains guides, FAQ, Troubleshooter, and a few other sections. There’s a search box, so it’s very simple to find anything you need. In case you don’t find the answer to your question there, you can contact customer support by submitting a ticket or via live chat. The trouble is that their live chat is available only during Eastern European working hours.
- Hotspot Shield offers an in-depth FAQ section and instructions that are easy to browse through. They don’t have a live chat, but you can always fill a ticket online and receive the answer via email.
- CyberGhost offers only dynamic/shared IP addresses to their customers.
- Hotspot Shield works with dynamic/shared IP addresses for now.
- CyberGhost has a free version and three
subscription plans. This includes a monthly subscription ($10.99 per month), a 6-month deal ($47.94), and a 12-month plan ($58.88).
- Hotspot Shield offers a free 7-day trial and its Elite subscription. The Elite lifetime subscription costs $119.99. In case you’d like a shorter subscription plan, you can choose between the annual plan, which is $5.99 per month, the semi-annual for $8.99 per month, and the monthly subscription that costs $12.99 per month.
- CyberGhost uses the best protocols on the market, including OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP.
- Hotspot Shield doesn’t say which protocols they use, but they do provide excellent encryption.
Performance & Reliability
- Over 1,100 CyberGhost servers are located in 51 world countries. With CyberGhost, you can enjoy unlimited bandwidth and traffic.
- Hotspot Shield servers can be found in 25 countries around the world. Users of Hotspot Shield get unlimited bandwidth, good speed, and a stable connection.
Security & Protection
- CyberGhost uses the strongest 256-bit encryption to protect their customer’s privacy. This VPN provider doesn’t keep any user activity logs and provides an anti-fingerprinting system. CyberGhost accepts BitCoin payments to keep you anonymous while paying as well.
- Hotspot Shield has a strict no-logs policy and allows torrenting. In addition to that, Hotspot Shield provides an ad-blocker and keeps you safe from malware.