If you are looking for a high level of protection and security, both ProtonVPN and Hotspot Shield are excellent choices, so you cannot go wrong no matter which one you opt for. However, if you wonder which one of these packs more handy features and offers better services in general, this ProtonVPN VS Hotspot Shield comparison can answer all of your questions and help you make the right choice. View our detailed comparison below and discover which service is one step ahead of its competitor.
- Great ease of use
- AES-256 encryption
- DNS leak protection
- User-friendly client
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Strict no logs policy
- 7-day trial version
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Martin Dale on 05/28/2018This is brilliant for what I want it for, using it for Windows now just waiting for it to be on the Amazon Firestick/TV.
- Submitted By Roger Daniels on 01/16/2018THE best VPN, if you can afford Plus or Visionary.
- Submitted By Joanna Jonson on 12/6/2017Really easy to use, no logs, great protection, but I think that there should be a Visionary plan without ProtonMail and that it should cost less, because really, $24 is way too much.
- Submitted By Sam Giles on 10/22/2017Awesome VPN, but needs more servers. Plus, don’t bother with the free plan, the speeds are unbearably low.
- Submitted By Felix Kiesinger, on 12/15/2016Very good vpn, easy to use and really reliable. I’ve been using it for a couple of years, still satisfied.
- Submitted By Norma Kelly, on 11/04/2016Hotspot Shield really works for me. I get to watch Netflix and open any site, even from my dorm. Elite plan is great, I can use it on my laptop, phone and Kindle at the same time.
- Submitted By Gregory Thomas, on 06/24/2016Quite good. Just don’t like that my internet gets slow sometimes, but I guess that’s because I often use those European servers.
Enjoy a full overview of ProtonVPN’s impressive features and explore its usability, functionality, and affordability, as well as its greatest shortcomings in our easy-to-understand ProtonVPN review.