Smart DNS Proxy and IPVanish both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
- 1,000+ servers
- Zero logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT firewall
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By paul on 10/13/2019iam not in my 3 year with smart DNS proxy in canada were i live i have only one choice of a internet , that onlu gaves me 15 MPS and smart dns proxy works verry good for me on all my devices and on my 65 inch sony android smart tv i even get 4k shows andmovies
- Submitted By Gordon andrade on 03/15/2019They started off having access to a whole load of netflix regions but now it's only the US. I am unable to understand why their service is unable to work on my smart tv or fire stick.. works perfectly on my ps3.. their support though 24/7 says change router.. seriously.. I've been with them for 3 years. Time to change.. I'm sure there are better ones
- Submitted By Jon Beckson on 10/26/2018Unstable and unreliable. I e had nothing much more than problems with this service. I just wanted something simple that allowed me to view Netflix and various UK tv catch up services. What I’ve got is a system that constantly fails to obscure my location. I co tact the support and am told to go into my router and change all manner if settings, I’m not computer geek!. I’ve do e this twice at their behest and now it’s stopoed workojg again and they want me to change a load more settings . I give up,with it, it’s very poor and not what I expected.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
- Submitted By Lisa on 11/06/2018I've used IPVanish over a year & lately it seems it's disconnected more than connected. And there's no way to know unless u continually enter IPV. I'm leaving them. How hard could it be to include something to see if we're connected. Yes, I'm auto-connected, but that rarely works either anymore, it seems. Thxs for the reviews that helped me decide where to go. They're the best!
- Submitted By Anthony Colton on 07/20/2017Not the fastest there is, but rather solid performance.
- Submitted By Gabriel Hunter, on 06/24/2017This used to be the best vpn of all times, but the latest update just killed it. It’s so difficult to connect that I’m starting to think that it’s a pure God’s miracle every time I succeed.
- Submitted By Norma Marley, on 05/19/2017Great service so far. I had no trouble whatsoever. It works fast, opens anything I want and every time I want to ask anything support is online and answers fast.
IPVanish is an American VPN service that provides its users with a solid security configuration, impressive performance and stability, and more than 1,300 servers across the world. Discover more in our IPVanish review.