Both Astrill VPN and Ivacy are good VPN solutions, but which one of them is slightly better? That is what this Astrill VPN VS Ivacy comparison allows you to find out. See how these two VPNs compare to one another, view all of their key features side by side, and discover which one of them is more highly recommended by our experts.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- 250+ servers
- Smart Purpose Selection
- Zero logs
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way.They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By L on 11/25/2018Worse than garbageWhen my previous VPN company suddenly increased their price by 70%. I decided to look for another company. Ivacy came up and I signed up for a 5 year deal that was quite inexpensive.Installing Ivacy on my Mac was strangly problematic, since I’ve never had any problems installing anything including VPNs on my mac.Ivacy’s online help and chat wanted me to GIVE THEM CONTROL OF MY COMPUTER RIGHT AWAY just to install IVACY.I steadfastly refused.This feels strange. And since I couldn’t install after awhile, I tried to cancel and get a refund within a day.No refund, since I paid with bitcoin, but they didn’t tell me that before hand.Later, installation worked. But…I would be dropped off vpn constantly WITHOUT WARNING. Other companies will pop a a notice: vpn disconnected. But not IVACY.I will be surfing thinking there is security, but when I later checked , I was already disconnected from vpn and surfing without VPN. This happened ALL THE TIME.And when I tried to sign on, it always failed UNLESS I chose Singapore(toughest laws) as the server country.(And some of the glorious reviews of Ivacy definitely look like paid reviews to me.)
- Submitted By Scott Brooks on 10/05/2018Ivacy is so easy to use and it has a bunch of servers to connect to. I bought premium so I can run it on 5 separate devices at the same time, which is awesome. I haven’t noticed any significant speed drops, so there’s that as well. However, we Linux users are out of luck since it doesn’t have a native app so expect to get your hands dirty and tinker around with manual settings to get it to work on Linux.
- Submitted By Brandon Turner on 06/20/2018I’m pretty happy with this vpn for the price I paid. It allows p2p and it even has some dedicated servers. On top of that, split tunneling is also a nifty feature to have in your arsenal. All in all, great value for the price.
- Submitted By Charitha on 01/13/2018Guys, Do not recommend this to anyone !! Had the account over 9 months, haven't seen a decent speed. Drops out intermittently as well. When contact the support, tells me about bandwidth sharing.... Why do they sell if they cant gurantee what they promise when they sell...This is what happens when you buy cheap stuff. My money is wasted over 2 year contract.... Just go with big guys, at least you get your moneys worth !!!!
With over 270 servers located strategically all over the world, Ivacy really has you covered. This VPN service provider also has impressive uptime stats and high-quality service and speeds. An excellent choice for those looking for unlimited bandwidth and speed.