Smart DNS Proxy and My Private Network are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Supports P2P sharing
- Strict zero-logs policy
- Free three-day trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By paul on 10/13/2019iam not in my 3 year with smart DNS proxy in canada were i live i have only one choice of a internet , that onlu gaves me 15 MPS and smart dns proxy works verry good for me on all my devices and on my 65 inch sony android smart tv i even get 4k shows andmovies
- Submitted By Gordon andrade on 03/15/2019They started off having access to a whole load of netflix regions but now it's only the US. I am unable to understand why their service is unable to work on my smart tv or fire stick.. works perfectly on my ps3.. their support though 24/7 says change router.. seriously.. I've been with them for 3 years. Time to change.. I'm sure there are better ones
- Submitted By Jon Beckson on 10/26/2018Unstable and unreliable. I e had nothing much more than problems with this service. I just wanted something simple that allowed me to view Netflix and various UK tv catch up services. What I’ve got is a system that constantly fails to obscure my location. I co tact the support and am told to go into my router and change all manner if settings, I’m not computer geek!. I’ve do e this twice at their behest and now it’s stopoed workojg again and they want me to change a load more settings . I give up,with it, it’s very poor and not what I expected.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
- Submitted By Tom Richmond on 11/04/2017Great support, no glitches.
- Submitted By Samantha Rogers on 09/18/2017Never used VPN before, but I’m pretty sure this is as good as it gets. Turn it on and off in a second, no problems whatsoever.
- Submitted By Patricia Giles on 05/28/2017Use it for streaming mostly, not perfect but no major issues.
- Submitted By Mark Applebaum on 02/20/2017Not the best one around, but possibly the best you can get for this kind of money.
Smart DNS Proxy is an unusual service that allows you to enjoy both the great streaming speeds offered by Smart DNS and the protection VPN provides. Learn more about it in this expert-made Smart DNS review.