Nord VPN and Hide My IP are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 5,100+ servers
- Smart DNS Proxy network
- Over 1000 IP addresses
- Very reasonable prices
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Yaretzi Peterson on 12/04/2019Usually, I stick to what I know and nordVPN happens to be just one of the examples of a reliable company that always delivers what’s promised. I really didn’t want to waste time or money on trying out some unknown brand and possibly ending up with a bad product. But what made me choose Nord yet again is that I use multiple brand devices and platforms for my job and Nord supports every one of them… it was really a no brainer.
- Submitted By Al Gonzalez on 11/29/2019I moved from ExpressVpn to Nord to save money and got the 1 year deal. Initially Nord has good performance in the first three-four months. Then there servers started disconnecting frequently sometimes the servers would stop working and you had to reconnect to a new one. This can be inconvenient if do stream or download a lot. After the security fallout with Nord where they had one of their servers hacked for almost an year, more Nord servers started having issues such as a missing password or otherwise you couldn't connect to them. The US servers were alright but they can sometimes stop working after a period of time. Express never had this problem. I spent nearly a month in one of their servers. With Nord you'd be hard pressed to stick with the same server for a day or two. Overall Nord is okay. The Kill Switch works. I did checks with Ipeaks both on my computer and phone Ive seen no DNS leaks so far. Comes with anti-adware/malware and it works. Autoconnect on phone is like the kill switch. Has potential overall to recover from the embarrassing security gaffe but Nords biggest challenge will be server stability. This seems to be a problem with a lot of new name and affordable vpns. Nord been in the game for a while but longevity of servers is very important. Hope they get their game together or otherwise might have to go back to Express or an equally good alternative.
- Submitted By Magnus on 10/26/2019Since the beginning of October, NordVPN does not work in Hangzhou AT ALL! I can't vouch for other cities. Their support team is polite but useless. They conceded they needed to *invent* a new protocol to get their VPN to work here. Even though a refund was requested by me within 30 days (for a renewal--they were great for a year!), they refused to answer my request and kept stalling my support ticket. I'm still awaiting my refund. USE THEM AT YOUR PERIL IF YOU LIVE IN CHINA! Caveat emptor!!
- Submitted By Sammi on 09/17/2019Love these guys even after having it for 2 years. Super fast and makes me feel safer online.
- Submitted By J on 05/10/2018Tricky garbage! I bought it because it offered my also my small country - I need access to some pages which are vorbidden from abroad. And guess what - after my payment my country dissapeared! I complained, I wanted my money back, but they just laughed off me. No it is totally useless for me. For 3 years... I'm not recommending!!!
- Submitted By Patricia Wells on 01/21/2018I like how it works but someone said it’s not really a VPN. Does that mean it’s not safe?
- Submitted By Charlie Cochran on 09/11/2017Generally speaking, it’s a good VPN, but I don’t like that it’s based in the US. Five Eyes anyone??
- Submitted By Alec Donovan on 07/21/201Got one word for you – lags. Not the best option, believe me.
NordVPN is widely known as one of the best services on the market thanks to its impressive features, bulletproof security setup, and knowledgeable 24/7 customer support. Read more in this honest review.