NordVPN or CyberGhost? If you are trying to choose a VPN service provider that will satisfy your needs, we understand it is quite hard deciding which of these two companies is better. The trick is to think about what you need a VPN for and to see which of these providers does better in those areas.
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
- Unlimited data
- 2770 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By John Smith on 08/18/2018I got a good deal on three years of NordVPN and went for it. I am new to VPNs (besides having tried hide.me for free for limited P2P usage) so it's possible other companies offer better services. Overall while I am satisfied with the service so far, there are a few ways it could be improved. I receive gigabit internet (usually around 500-800mbps in practical terms) but NordVPN is usually stuck around 100mbps - fine for regular usage, but limits the usefulness of my PC when connected to VPN. That said there are thousands of servers to choose from so YMMV. Certain websites don't play well with NordVPN as well, most notably Amazon. I'm unsure if that's a problem with other VPNs. Some positives: it's fairly quick to connect, the interface is simple, the kill switch is great, the mobile app is excellent and there is a huge choice of servers. Overall it works fine for my application - P2P, which it has dedicated servers for - but there a few frustrations I'd like to see resolved.
- Submitted By Cayo Medeiros on 08/09/2018I signed up on NordVPN after reading good reviews in different websites. The problem in those reviews though is that they are written based on shallow usage, the reviewers usually just installed to test it out and uninstalled afterwards. My recommendation as a real customer is: don't go for them. Their VPN doesn't work for multiple sites I've tried. And it's not that the website blocks all VPNs cause another VPN provider worked properly on those sites (not telling which as I'm not affiliated to them in any way.). And even after telling them that the websites X , Y and Z didn't work with them but worked with their competitor they wouldn't refund me because their TOS says so. Ridiculous. They advertise something, we buy it, they don't deliver and also don't refund us even partially. So I'm doing what I can: writing reviews everywhere to help people avoid falling in the same trap I did. --
- Submitted By Thomas Brown on 12/14/2017Nord is definitely one of the best VPNs right now. Most people complain about the price, but it’s actually not that high, there are tons of lousy services that charge the same. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Submitted By Freddie Kelly on 11/27/2017Dedicated P2P servers – that’s all I need to know. Plus, it’s fast, so seems pretty perfect to me.
- Submitted By Aaron on 05/14/2018Tried cyberghost for a week, however, they didn't support what I needed them for (site-to-site) even after they said they could over chat. Cancelled the service and thought that was that. 6 months later they started charging my card again, however, my username and password don't work since the account was cancelled and their support isn't very helpful.
- Submitted By Aidan Hunter on 01/19/2018I’ve always liked CyberGhost but have to say that I’m pretty disappointed with how it’s handling the Netflix thing. For a while now I haven’t been able to stream without glitches, errors, and a whole lot of problems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, I just can’t rely on it (Netflix-wise).
- Submitted By Stephanie L on 12/21/2017I like the VPN but I don’t like the customer service. They act all friendly but treat me like I’m stupid or something and I have to ask 5 times to get a straight answer.
- Submitted By Roger Wright on 11/22/2017Should be no.1 on the list, better than others by a mile.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.