NordVPN VS IPVanish Comparison
In an effort to aid you in your search for the optimal VPN protection, our expert team has designed this NordVPN vs. IPVanish comparison, detailing point by point the major advantages and shortcomings of these two renowned VPN service providers.
Keeping in mind the varied needs of VPN users, this comparison highlights 7 main qualities crucial for choosing the best VPN provider. Read on and discover what will make one of these options the better choice for you.
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 5,100+ servers
- 1,000+ servers
- Zero logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT firewall
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Yaretzi Peterson on 12/04/2019Usually, I stick to what I know and nordVPN happens to be just one of the examples of a reliable company that always delivers what’s promised. I really didn’t want to waste time or money on trying out some unknown brand and possibly ending up with a bad product. But what made me choose Nord yet again is that I use multiple brand devices and platforms for my job and Nord supports every one of them… it was really a no brainer.
- Submitted By Al Gonzalez on 11/29/2019I moved from ExpressVpn to Nord to save money and got the 1 year deal. Initially Nord has good performance in the first three-four months. Then there servers started disconnecting frequently sometimes the servers would stop working and you had to reconnect to a new one. This can be inconvenient if do stream or download a lot. After the security fallout with Nord where they had one of their servers hacked for almost an year, more Nord servers started having issues such as a missing password or otherwise you couldn't connect to them. The US servers were alright but they can sometimes stop working after a period of time. Express never had this problem. I spent nearly a month in one of their servers. With Nord you'd be hard pressed to stick with the same server for a day or two. Overall Nord is okay. The Kill Switch works. I did checks with Ipeaks both on my computer and phone Ive seen no DNS leaks so far. Comes with anti-adware/malware and it works. Autoconnect on phone is like the kill switch. Has potential overall to recover from the embarrassing security gaffe but Nords biggest challenge will be server stability. This seems to be a problem with a lot of new name and affordable vpns. Nord been in the game for a while but longevity of servers is very important. Hope they get their game together or otherwise might have to go back to Express or an equally good alternative.
- Submitted By Magnus on 10/26/2019Since the beginning of October, NordVPN does not work in Hangzhou AT ALL! I can't vouch for other cities. Their support team is polite but useless. They conceded they needed to *invent* a new protocol to get their VPN to work here. Even though a refund was requested by me within 30 days (for a renewal--they were great for a year!), they refused to answer my request and kept stalling my support ticket. I'm still awaiting my refund. USE THEM AT YOUR PERIL IF YOU LIVE IN CHINA! Caveat emptor!!
- Submitted By Sammi on 09/17/2019Love these guys even after having it for 2 years. Super fast and makes me feel safer online.
- Submitted By Lisa on 11/06/2018I've used IPVanish over a year & lately it seems it's disconnected more than connected. And there's no way to know unless u continually enter IPV. I'm leaving them. How hard could it be to include something to see if we're connected. Yes, I'm auto-connected, but that rarely works either anymore, it seems. Thxs for the reviews that helped me decide where to go. They're the best!
- Submitted By Anthony Colton on 07/20/2017Not the fastest there is, but rather solid performance.
- Submitted By Gabriel Hunter, on 06/24/2017This used to be the best vpn of all times, but the latest update just killed it. It’s so difficult to connect that I’m starting to think that it’s a pure God’s miracle every time I succeed.
- Submitted By Norma Marley, on 05/19/2017Great service so far. I had no trouble whatsoever. It works fast, opens anything I want and every time I want to ask anything support is online and answers fast.
NordVPN is widely known as one of the best services on the market thanks to its impressive features, bulletproof security setup, and knowledgeable 24/7 customer support. Read more in this honest review.
When making a choice becomes overwhelming, you can trust our professionals to simplify things. This comparison will let you know exactly how these two highly-ranked VPN providers differ, with all the pertinent information in one place, so you can quickly decide which solution will provide you more satisfactory service.
- NordVPN offers great protection to users of Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone and it is also compatible with routers, covering nearly the entire array of devices that may call for the use of VPN.
- IPVanish goes one step further and apart from being compatible with all the devices NordVPN supports, it is also designed to work on Xbox, which is a feature that is welcomed by all the gamers out there.
- NordVPN users can have their questions answered both through email and via live chat. The provider’s support page features an extensive list of FAQs, and you can also make use of numerous great tutorials and enjoy the benefits of being a part of the NordVPN online community.
- IPVanish is there to help you 24/7 with its great email ticket support. You can also find answers to your questions in the amazing FAQ section and familiarize yourself with the basics using the handy setup guides. Unfortunately, this provider does not offer live chat at the moment.
- NordVPN offers you both static and dynamic shared IP addresses as well as dedicated IPs.
- IPVanish has as many as 40 000 shared dynamic IP addresses available to its users.
- With NordVPN, you can subscribe for one month, six months or a year and the prices of these packages are $11.95, $7.00 and $5.75, respectively. Your subscription also comes with the amazing 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish also offers three types of subscription differing in duration and you can subscribe for one, three or 12 months. The prices of subscriptions are $10 for monthly subscription, $8.99 per month with the three-month subscription and $6.49 per month for yearly subscription. IPVanish lets you change your mind within 7 days and gives you your money back, no questions asked.
- NordVPN’s security suite includes L2TP and PPTP protocols as well as the most highly valued OpenVPN.
- IPVanish’s security protocols include the safest OpenVPN as well as PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec protocols and just like in the case of NordVPN, SSTP protocol is not available with this provider.
Performance & Reliability
- As one of the top ranked VPN providers, NordVPN is characterized by great reliability and performance, with over 1,700 servers in 61 world countries, allowing up to 6 simultaneous connections and offering unlimited bandwidth and server switching, with no limits regarding speed either. P2P option is also available.
- IPVanish also offers top-notch performance and reliability. It has 850 servers located in 60 countries around the world and lets its users enjoy unlimited speed, server switching as well as unlimited bandwidth. P2P is allowed as well as up to 5 simultaneous connections.
Security & Protection
- NordVPN employs a kill switch, WiFi protection and AES-256 data encryption to keep you safe and also applies the no logs policy, so there is no traceable clue of your activity on the web. It allows you to pay with BitCoins, so there is no sensitive information sharing during purchase.
- IPVanish uses first-party DNS servers and also employs kill switch, WiFi protection, NAT firewall and AES-256 data encryption to ensure your security. It keeps no logs of your traffic and also offers the BitCoin payment option, for a maximally worry-free user experience.