In an effort to aid you in your search for the optimal VPN protection, our expert team has designed this NordVPN vs. IPVanish comparison, detailing point by point the major advantages and shortcomings of these two renowned VPN service providers.
Keeping in mind the varied needs of VPN users, this comparison highlights 7 main qualities crucial for choosing the best VPN provider. Read on and discover what will make one of these options the better choice for you.
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
- 1,000+ servers
- Zero logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT firewall
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Andrew B on 12/10/2018The best ever VPN service that I've been tried before. LOTs of servers on every piece of this world. I am really appreciated that guys doing to be the best of the VPN service providers and at the same time being provide features like dedicated IP. Thanks nordvpn team!
- Submitted By Nafran on 10/26/2018I have NordVPN for almost a year and in these past couple of months I noticed quite a few improvements on the service as well as the application UX. The speed seems to have increased by at least 20mbps and I really like cybersec feature. All in all would recommend to anyone, especially if it was slightly cheaper.
- Submitted By Steve Payne on 09/21/2018Verify that NordVPN's speed is acceptable through your internet connection before you sign up long-term or before the 30 day refund window expires. My ISP, Xfinity, gets 480 Mbps download when connected normally. If I connect via NordVPN, it drops to 8 Mbps. I have tried multiple configuration changes suggested by NordVPN support and none have made a significant difference. It's not just my Windows 10 systems(wired). It's very slow on my iPhone(wireless) and on my Raspberry Pi3B+ (wired). NordVPN support has been responsive they just haven't been capable of solving this problem. They don't appear to have the level of technical expertise or diagnostic tools available to support to find why NordVPN is so slow when the usual configuration changes aren't the issue.
- Submitted By John Smith on 08/18/2018I got a good deal on three years of NordVPN and went for it. I am new to VPNs (besides having tried hide.me for free for limited P2P usage) so it's possible other companies offer better services. Overall while I am satisfied with the service so far, there are a few ways it could be improved. I receive gigabit internet (usually around 500-800mbps in practical terms) but NordVPN is usually stuck around 100mbps - fine for regular usage, but limits the usefulness of my PC when connected to VPN. That said there are thousands of servers to choose from so YMMV. Certain websites don't play well with NordVPN as well, most notably Amazon. I'm unsure if that's a problem with other VPNs. Some positives: it's fairly quick to connect, the interface is simple, the kill switch is great, the mobile app is excellent and there is a huge choice of servers. Overall it works fine for my application - P2P, which it has dedicated servers for - but there a few frustrations I'd like to see resolved.
- Submitted By Lisa on 11/06/2018I've used IPVanish over a year & lately it seems it's disconnected more than connected. And there's no way to know unless u continually enter IPV. I'm leaving them. How hard could it be to include something to see if we're connected. Yes, I'm auto-connected, but that rarely works either anymore, it seems. Thxs for the reviews that helped me decide where to go. They're the best!
- Submitted By Anthony Colton on 07/20/2017Not the fastest there is, but rather solid performance.
- Submitted By Gabriel Hunter, on 06/24/2017This used to be the best vpn of all times, but the latest update just killed it. It’s so difficult to connect that I’m starting to think that it’s a pure God’s miracle every time I succeed.
- Submitted By Norma Marley, on 05/19/2017Great service so far. I had no trouble whatsoever. It works fast, opens anything I want and every time I want to ask anything support is online and answers fast.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.
When making a choice becomes overwhelming, you can trust our professionals to simplify things. This comparison will let you know exactly how these two highly-ranked VPN providers differ, with all the pertinent information in one place, so you can quickly decide which solution will provide you more satisfactory service.
- NordVPN offers great protection to users of Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone and it is also compatible with routers, covering nearly the entire array of devices that may call for the use of VPN.
- IPVanish goes one step further and apart from being compatible with all the devices NordVPN supports, it is also designed to work on Xbox, which is a feature that is welcomed by all the gamers out there.
- NordVPN users can have their questions answered both through email and via live chat. The provider’s support page features an extensive list of FAQs, and you can also make use of numerous great tutorials and enjoy the benefits of being a part of the NordVPN online community.
- IPVanish is there to help you 24/7 with its great email ticket support. You can also find answers to your questions in the amazing FAQ section and familiarize yourself with the basics using the handy setup guides. Unfortunately, this provider does not offer live chat at the moment.
- NordVPN offers you both static and dynamic shared IP addresses as well as dedicated IPs.
- IPVanish has as many as 40 000 shared dynamic IP addresses available to its users.
- With NordVPN, you can subscribe for one month, six months or a year and the prices of these packages are $11.95, $7.00 and $5.75, respectively. Your subscription also comes with the amazing 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish also offers three types of subscription differing in duration and you can subscribe for one, three or 12 months. The prices of subscriptions are $10 for monthly subscription, $8.99 per month with the three-month subscription and $6.49 per month for yearly subscription. IPVanish lets you change your mind within 7 days and gives you your money back, no questions asked.
- NordVPN’s security suite includes L2TP and PPTP protocols as well as the most highly valued OpenVPN.
- IPVanish’s security protocols include the safest OpenVPN as well as PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec protocols and just like in the case of NordVPN, SSTP protocol is not available with this provider.
Performance & Reliability
- As one of the top ranked VPN providers, NordVPN is characterized by great reliability and performance, with over 1,700 servers in 61 world countries, allowing up to 6 simultaneous connections and offering unlimited bandwidth and server switching, with no limits regarding speed either. P2P option is also available.
- IPVanish also offers top-notch performance and reliability. It has 850 servers located in 60 countries around the world and lets its users enjoy unlimited speed, server switching as well as unlimited bandwidth. P2P is allowed as well as up to 5 simultaneous connections.
Security & Protection
- NordVPN employs a kill switch, WiFi protection and AES-256 data encryption to keep you safe and also applies the no logs policy, so there is no traceable clue of your activity on the web. It allows you to pay with BitCoins, so there is no sensitive information sharing during purchase.
- IPVanish uses first-party DNS servers and also employs kill switch, WiFi protection, NAT firewall and AES-256 data encryption to ensure your security. It keeps no logs of your traffic and also offers the BitCoin payment option, for a maximally worry-free user experience.