IVPN and NordVPN are considered to be among the best VPN companies in the world. To an inexperienced eye, they may seem almost identical. Users interested in getting a VPN often face a dilemma concerning which of these two to go for and which provider is better for their particular needs.
- Strict zero-logging policy
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Impressive security setup
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Deborah Peterson on 07/18/2018Can’t believe how fast it is! It’s almost as I’m not even using a VPN compared to some of my past subscriptions. Think I’ll def stick with it for a while. Hope they expand the server number in the future.
- Submitted By Mark Roberts on 02/24/2018Just wow! Super fast and very easy to use even for a noob like me. Expensive tho
- Submitted By Andrew B on 12/10/2018The best ever VPN service that I've been tried before. LOTs of servers on every piece of this world. I am really appreciated that guys doing to be the best of the VPN service providers and at the same time being provide features like dedicated IP. Thanks nordvpn team!
- Submitted By Nafran on 10/26/2018I have NordVPN for almost a year and in these past couple of months I noticed quite a few improvements on the service as well as the application UX. The speed seems to have increased by at least 20mbps and I really like cybersec feature. All in all would recommend to anyone, especially if it was slightly cheaper.
- Submitted By Steve Payne on 09/21/2018Verify that NordVPN's speed is acceptable through your internet connection before you sign up long-term or before the 30 day refund window expires. My ISP, Xfinity, gets 480 Mbps download when connected normally. If I connect via NordVPN, it drops to 8 Mbps. I have tried multiple configuration changes suggested by NordVPN support and none have made a significant difference. It's not just my Windows 10 systems(wired). It's very slow on my iPhone(wireless) and on my Raspberry Pi3B+ (wired). NordVPN support has been responsive they just haven't been capable of solving this problem. They don't appear to have the level of technical expertise or diagnostic tools available to support to find why NordVPN is so slow when the usual configuration changes aren't the issue.
- Submitted By John Smith on 08/18/2018I got a good deal on three years of NordVPN and went for it. I am new to VPNs (besides having tried hide.me for free for limited P2P usage) so it's possible other companies offer better services. Overall while I am satisfied with the service so far, there are a few ways it could be improved. I receive gigabit internet (usually around 500-800mbps in practical terms) but NordVPN is usually stuck around 100mbps - fine for regular usage, but limits the usefulness of my PC when connected to VPN. That said there are thousands of servers to choose from so YMMV. Certain websites don't play well with NordVPN as well, most notably Amazon. I'm unsure if that's a problem with other VPNs. Some positives: it's fairly quick to connect, the interface is simple, the kill switch is great, the mobile app is excellent and there is a huge choice of servers. Overall it works fine for my application - P2P, which it has dedicated servers for - but there a few frustrations I'd like to see resolved.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.