Private Internet Access and Avira Phantom VPN are considered by users and experts to be among the best VPN companies operating right now. But which one of these VPN service providers fits your needs better? One of the smartest ways to decide between the two is to compare them carefully and see which one fares better than the other.
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
- Unlimited bandwidth
- No DNS or IP leaks
- No user activity logs
- Incredibly easy to use
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By JJ Sanders on 11/15/2019Private Internet Access does NOT protect your identity - it leaks your IP address. I really like the ease of use and the interface, but now have received several Copyright Infringement letters from my ISP while using PIA, even after their customer service suggested several fixes and adjustments. At first it was leaking my Ipv6 data, and we fixed that. I found that even though their suggested test site said it was OK, other sites shows the data was still leaking. Even after stopping that - PIA continues to leak my IP address causing me more problems. I used a simple Anonymizer previously for years with no problems. DON'T USE PIA IF YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR ISP ADDRESS.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure. Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Cristina Dawson on 12/08/2019I always feel comfortable knowing that I picked a company with a strong reputation so I don’t risk too much. I’m not an expert so I always rely on someone who traditionally delivers good products. With Avira, I know I’ve made the right decision. The vpn is reliable, runs smoothly and there are no licks whatsoever. What else can be more important than that?!
- Submitted By Natalia Chambers on 06/22/2019As an Avira anti-virus user for many years it wasn’t hard for me to choose their vpn as well and so far, I’m glad I did. It’s the same high-quality product which is easy to use. There are no extra features which is good for me since I don’t need them anyway. I simply turn it on when I need it and eventually choose server location if needed.
- Submitted By Lee on 05/11/2018Just terrible - leaks IPV6
- Submitted By Brandon White, on 06/28/2017Great vpn, I have nothing bad to say about it! Fast, not a single dropout so far and so simple, I didn’t even have to explain to my sister how it works.
Read our unbiased Private Internet Access review to learn more about this premium VPN service and see the results of our exhaustive performance tests.