CyberGhost VS Private Internet Access Comparison
Finding the most reliable VPN provider can be tricky, especially nowadays when there are so many of them and they all seem to offer pretty good services. This comprehensive CyberGhost vs. Private Internet Access comparison is created to help you choose between these two excellent VPN providers.
Our team of experts has identified 7 crucial VPN features in order to make it easier for you to compare CyberGhost and Private Internet Access. Let’s find out which one has to offer more.
- Unlimited data
- 7000+ servers
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mya Andersen on 01/02/2020This is by far the safest vpn out there. My friend who is really good at this stuff told me it uses military-grade encryption which can’t be broken and that if someone was to tamper with your connection would need a key that changes every hour so it would be impossible to do it.
- Submitted By Kaia Salinas on 10/20/2019I’ve read that some people had problems with disconnecting when streaming but that’s not the case for me. The main purpose of my vpn is using it to stream shows from netfix in the us and so, far I didn’t experience any interruptions. So, there’s nothing to worry about.
- Submitted By Mathieu on 08/23/2019I bought a 89$ three-year plan for Cyberghost 10 months ago. It was clear that it was a 3-years deal. But 10 months later, what do I see, they take 89 more bucks from my credit card. What the hell??? Not even a year? I e-mailed them a week ago to ask explanations + a refund --- no answer! They are a fraudulent company. You can get a good VPN out there for much cheaper - even free. And they probably won't keep spamming illegal payments off your credit card which you trustfully shared with them! That's a 1-star rating, would be 0 star if it was possible. I'm not done with them.
- Submitted By Arnold McGall on 06/11/2019I erroneously signed up for auto-renew with Cyberghost. Some how I missed any way to turn auto-renew off. Sure enough, right on schedule, my Cyberghost subscription was renewed for another year. I contacted them via their support chat system. The only apparent way to contact them. I was told it would take 1 day to receive an email confirming my request for cancellation and a refund. And that the refund would take 5 - 10 days. I explained that that was unreasonable as it took minutes for them to charge my credit card. But it would take 5-10 days to refund the charge. The contact named Joey didn't seem to think this was extraordinary. I'm sure if someone took $66 USD out of his paycheck he would be upset too. To-date I have seen no email from Cyberghost confirming my request for a refund and cancellation of my account. Instead I got an email welcoming me to their VPN service for another year! I will contact my bank and they will reverse the charge. Thus, thwarting Cyberghost's attempt to steal money from me.
- Submitted By JJ Sanders on 11/15/2019Private Internet Access does NOT protect your identity - it leaks your IP address. I really like the ease of use and the interface, but now have received several Copyright Infringement letters from my ISP while using PIA, even after their customer service suggested several fixes and adjustments. At first it was leaking my Ipv6 data, and we fixed that. I found that even though their suggested test site said it was OK, other sites shows the data was still leaking. Even after stopping that - PIA continues to leak my IP address causing me more problems. I used a simple Anonymizer previously for years with no problems. DON'T USE PIA IF YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR ISP ADDRESS.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure. Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.
CyberGhost and Private Internet Access are both excellent VPN service providers. Since opting for one of them can be difficult, it’s simpler to make a decision when you have a list of advantages and disadvantages of both of these providers. Below, you will find a detailed list of their most important features.
- CyberGhost works on devices that use the most famous platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux. Only Premium Plus subscribers can use this VPN on 5 devices simultaneously.
- Private Internet Access also supports Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. It can work on up to 5 devices at the same time.
- CyberGhost offers live chat, but it is only available during Eastern European working hours. Their rich knowledge base and FAQ section can also be pretty useful. You just need to type what you are looking for in the search box and every article they have on the topic will appear.
- Private Internet Access wins this category by providing 24/7 live chat, with the support staff being professional and very efficient. You can also chat with other users on Private Internet Access’ forum.
- CyberGhost works with numerous dynamic/shared IP addresses.
- Private Internet Access has only dynamic/shared IP addresses as well.
- CyberGhost offers two types of subscription: Premium and Premium Plus. The Premium subscription costs $5.83 a month if you decide to pay annually. The Premium Plus plan costs $9.16 per month if billed annually. There’s also a free version.
- Private Internet Access has three subscription plans: monthly, semi-annual, and annual. The monthly plan costs $6.95 per month, the semi-annual is $5.99 per month, and the annual subscription costs only $3.33 a month. There isn’t a free trial, but they offer a 7-day money back guarantee.
- CyberGhost protects your privacy with OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- Private Internet Access also uses OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- CyberGhost operates more than 700 servers in 29 different world countries. It provides unlimited bandwidth and traffic for all their users. CyberGhost also automatically turns on every time you connect to a new Wi-Fi network.
- Private Internet Access boasts more than 3200 servers located in 25 countries around the world. It provides unlimited bandwidth and excellent speeds. Additionally, Private Internet Access supports P2P.
Security & Protection
- CyberGhost protects your online anonymity with military-grade 256-bit encryption. It offers great anti-fingerprinting and a no-logs policy to make you untraceable. Your personal information is safe even when you pay for your subscription since CyberGhost accepts BitCoin.
- Private Internet Access provides strong encryption and doesn’t keep any logs. Moreover, it has a kill switch option and prevents DNS leaks. You can also use BitCoin to make payments.