Finding the most reliable VPN provider can be tricky, especially nowadays when there are so many of them and they all seem to offer pretty good services. This comprehensive CyberGhost vs. Private Internet Access comparison is created to help you choose between these two excellent VPN providers.
Our team of experts has identified 7 crucial VPN features in order to make it easier for you to compare CyberGhost and Private Internet Access. Let’s find out which one has to offer more.
- Unlimited data
- 2770 servers
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jay Milan on 04/03/2019QUESTION , CAN CYBER GHOST BE USED TO CHEAT IN A RELATIONSHIP? (i.e: UNDETECTED IG, Facebook, phone numbers, texts) if so how ???
- Submitted By Russell Large on 03/19/2019Been using for 18 months. It has had its ups and downs and drop off etc, but it works and works well on all devices and i am just too lazy to start trying out others, as these all have their little foibles and take precious time to learn the configurations etc. SO, unless this gets buggy i'll keep on using and paying for this one thank you for the reply cyber, you are always more than helpful. I have issues with drop offs, but it waits a minute then reconnects automatically. I am sure that eventually it will self resolve as i travel a lot and it could simply be the various routers configurations causing this
- Submitted By Joe A on 03/19/2019this vpn is 5 star. best ive ever used. super fast and discreet browsing. honestly my only complaint is that it wants me to keep rating it once im off. also dont change display to bigger views or you might never close this program. it will blow up so big youi wont be able to do anything with it. your options are program manager to close it or restart lol.
- Submitted By ray on 02/09/2019decided to cancel cyberghost after one day..not working as I would like...took 2 minutes for them to accept paymeny..have been waiting over a week for refund ..cotacted them again..next reply was..(sorry lost in system) re-submitting...may take 5 to 10 more days to refung….Be very carefull of this company if you are not satisfied..you may never get your money back...not impressed with this outfit...would never recommend it
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure.Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Lyndon Hart on 11/19/2016Horrible service with awful customer support. They never ever helped me at all. One time I'm pretty certain a support tech called me a moron but in a polite way. I mean ok I understand I can be annoying but they are there for me, aren't they?
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.
CyberGhost and Private Internet Access are both excellent VPN service providers. Since opting for one of them can be difficult, it’s simpler to make a decision when you have a list of advantages and disadvantages of both of these providers. Below, you will find a detailed list of their most important features.
- CyberGhost works on devices that use the most famous platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux. Only Premium Plus subscribers can use this VPN on 5 devices simultaneously.
- Private Internet Access also supports Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. It can work on up to 5 devices at the same time.
- CyberGhost offers live chat, but it is only available during Eastern European working hours. Their rich knowledge base and FAQ section can also be pretty useful. You just need to type what you are looking for in the search box and every article they have on the topic will appear.
- Private Internet Access wins this category by providing 24/7 live chat, with the support staff being professional and very efficient. You can also chat with other users on Private Internet Access’ forum.
- CyberGhost works with numerous dynamic/shared IP addresses.
- Private Internet Access has only dynamic/shared IP addresses as well.
- CyberGhost offers two types of subscription: Premium and Premium Plus. The Premium subscription costs $5.83 a month if you decide to pay annually. The Premium Plus plan costs $9.16 per month if billed annually. There’s also a free version.
- Private Internet Access has three subscription plans: monthly, semi-annual, and annual. The monthly plan costs $6.95 per month, the semi-annual is $5.99 per month, and the annual subscription costs only $3.33 a month. There isn’t a free trial, but they offer a 7-day money back guarantee.
- CyberGhost protects your privacy with OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- Private Internet Access also uses OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- CyberGhost operates more than 700 servers in 29 different world countries. It provides unlimited bandwidth and traffic for all their users. CyberGhost also automatically turns on every time you connect to a new Wi-Fi network.
- Private Internet Access boasts more than 3200 servers located in 25 countries around the world. It provides unlimited bandwidth and excellent speeds. Additionally, Private Internet Access supports P2P.
Security & Protection
- CyberGhost protects your online anonymity with military-grade 256-bit encryption. It offers great anti-fingerprinting and a no-logs policy to make you untraceable. Your personal information is safe even when you pay for your subscription since CyberGhost accepts BitCoin.
- Private Internet Access provides strong encryption and doesn’t keep any logs. Moreover, it has a kill switch option and prevents DNS leaks. You can also use BitCoin to make payments.