Private Internet Access and NordVPN are both top-notch VPN service providers. However, that does not mean that they are equally well suited for your needs. This expert Private Internet Access vs. NordVPN comparison can help you quickly find out which one to trust with your online privacy and security.
The following comparison is based on 7 major qualities of VPN service. The comparison breakdown below shows you exactly how Private Internet Access and NordVPN compare to one another in relation to the most important qualities of VPN protection.
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Lyndon Hart on 11/19/2016Horrible service with awful customer support. They never ever helped me at all. One time I'm pretty certain a support tech called me a moron but in a polite way. I mean ok I understand I can be annoying but they are there for me, aren't they?
- Submitted By HughLeeUK on 11/11/2016Private Internet Access is a decent, solid and overall enjoyable vpn service. Sure, they could be faster but I mean it's vpn so what can you expect. My connections are solid most of the time and I also appreciate their tutorials, which are very helpful and written in a way that everyone can understand.
- Submitted By Thomas Brown on 12/14/2017Nord is definitely one of the best VPNs right now. Most people complain about the price, but it’s actually not that high, there are tons of lousy services that charge the same. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Submitted By Freddie Kelly on 11/27/2017Dedicated P2P servers – that’s all I need to know. Plus, it’s fast, so seems pretty perfect to me.
- Submitted By Molly Holder on 08/22/2017It’s not as user-friendly as I though. The basics are fine, but I don’t understand anything about the protocols, they should explain it better because not everyone knows how these things work.
- Submitted By Lisa Lynn on 07/20/2017Got the 1-year plan because it’s way cheaper, no regrets so far. I mainly just watch TV shows, so I can’t say anything about other stuff, but for me, it works perfectly.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.
When choosing the best VPN service provider, the key is always in the details. Here is a detailed account of all major aspects of Private Internet Access and Nord VPN’s services. Read through it carefully and determine which one is more likely to provide you with everything you need from your VPN.
- Private Internet Access works on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. It allows you to use the software on 5 different devices and provides customized security for each supported device.
- NordVPN is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone, as well as routers. It allows you to use it on 6 devices simultaneously.
- Private Internet Access has a great knowledge base and FAQ. Its forum is a great place for exchanging knowledge and experiences with other users while prompt help is available via 24/7 live chat.
- NordVPN also boasts an excellent knowledge base and FAQ. Support staff can be contacted through email or in case you need answers fast, you can turn to its live chat.
- Private Internet Access only offers shared IP addresses to its users.
- Unlike Private Internet Access, NordVPN offers both shared and dedicated IP addresses.
- Private Internet Access has 3 subscription plans that differ in the length of the subscription period. The monthly plan costs $6.95, the 6-month plan is $35.99 ($5.99 per month), and the annual plan costs $39.95 (only $3.33 per month).
- NordVPN also offers three plans. The price of the monthly subscription is $11.95, the six-month subscription costs $7 per month while the annual subscription costs $5.75 per month.
- Private Internet Access offers OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- NordVPN offers OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP. It does not offer either IPSec or SSTP.
Performance & Reliability
- Private Internet Access boasts more than 3000 servers in 25 countries around the world. It is characterized by great speed and performance and comes with unlimited bandwidth. It includes DNS leak protection and allows P2P sharing.
- NordVPN has more than 1700 servers in 61 countries worldwide. It brings you unlimited bandwidth, speed, and server switching. P2P sharing is allowed.
Security & Protection
- Private Internet Access is equipped with a useful VPN kill switch and strong encryption that ensures a high level of security. It does not keep any logs and allows you to pay using BitCoin and remain absolutely anonymous.
- Just like Private Internet Access, NordVPN features a kill switch and bank-grade encryption. It also offers Wi-Fi protection as an additional perk. It does not keep logs of your activity and accepts BitCoin.