Private Internet Access and NordVPN are both top-notch VPN service providers. However, that does not mean that they are equally well suited for your needs. This expert Private Internet Access vs. NordVPN comparison can help you quickly find out which one to trust with your online privacy and security.
The following comparison is based on 7 major qualities of VPN service. The comparison breakdown below shows you exactly how Private Internet Access and NordVPN compare to one another in relation to the most important qualities of VPN protection.
|Value For Money|
|Read Review||Read Review|
When choosing the best VPN service provider, the key is always in the details. Here is a detailed account of all major aspects of Private Internet Access and Nord VPN’s services. Read through it carefully and determine which one is more likely to provide you with everything you need from your VPN.
- Private Internet Access works on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. It allows you to use the software on 5 different devices and provides customized security for each supported device.
- NordVPN is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone, as well as routers. It allows you to use it on 6 devices simultaneously.
- Private Internet Access has a great knowledge base and FAQ. Its forum is a great place for exchanging knowledge and experiences with other users while prompt help is available via 24/7 live chat.
- NordVPN also boasts an excellent knowledge base and FAQ. Support staff can be contacted through email or in case you need answers fast, you can turn to its live chat.
- Private Internet Access only offers shared IP addresses to its users.
- Unlike Private Internet Access, NordVPN offers both shared and dedicated IP addresses.
- Private Internet Access has 3 subscription plans that differ in the length of the subscription period. The monthly plan costs $6.95, the 6-month plan is $35.99 ($5.99 per month), and the annual plan costs $39.95 (only $3.33 per month).
- NordVPN also offers three plans. The price of the monthly subscription is $11.95, the six-month subscription costs $7 per month while the annual subscription costs $5.75 per month.
- Private Internet Access offers OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- NordVPN offers OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP. It does not offer either IPSec or SSTP.
Performance & Reliability
- Private Internet Access boasts more than 3260 servers in 25 countries around the world. It is characterized by great speed and performance and comes with unlimited bandwidth. It includes DNS leak protection and allows P2P sharing.
- NordVPN has more than 500 servers in 58 countries worldwide. It brings you unlimited bandwidth, speed, and server switching. P2P sharing is allowed.
Security & Protection
- Private Internet Access is equipped with a useful VPN kill switch and strong encryption that ensures a high level of security. It does not keep any logs and allows you to pay using BitCoin and remain absolutely anonymous.
- Just like Private Internet Access, NordVPN features a kill switch and bank-grade encryption. It also offers Wi-Fi protection as an additional perk. It does not keep logs of your activity and accepts BitCoin.