Private Internet Access VS PrivateVPN Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. PrivateVPN and Private Internet Access have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our PrivateVPN VS Private Internet Access comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
Best For Security Buffs
Best For VPN Experts
PrivateVPN is a Swedish VPN provider that offers a myriad of useful features, tight security setup, impressive overall performance, and amazing connection speeds - all at a reasonable price.
- Excellent speed/security
- 6 simultaneous connections
- 24/7 live chat user support
If you are looking for a reliable VPN with plenty of servers all across the globe and rock-solid connections at decent to excellent speeds, you should definitely check out Private Internet Access, a US-based VPN service provider.
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
* The prices shown represent the cost of one month within different subscriptions. To see all available plans and pricing options, check individual reviews.
Private Internet Access
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
OpenVPN; PPTP, L2TP, HTTP Proxy; IPsec; SOCKS5
AES-256 cipher; RSA-2048 handshake; HMAC SHA-256 authentication
DNS Leak Protection
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPSec
no traffic logs
DNS Leak Protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ryder Clay on 01/05/2020What made me choose PrivateVPN is that I’ve read in a couple of places that it has servers with special IPs for netflix, amazon prime etc. Some servers get busy sometimes which makes the connection not that reliable and I’d suggest that there’s an option to see how many people are currently on the server so it doesn’t get overcrowded.
- Submitted By Gaige Sullivan on 12/05/2019I’m from London and I have to say PrivateVPN is every gamer’s dream come true, I’m able to play without bugs or buffering or getting disconnected and I use it on my laptop for work and while playing on my home computer so it’s not limited to only one device.
- Submitted By Ronald Carter on 06/20/2018Great vpn but I wish It had support for some other platforms as well. Hope this happens in the future. I especially like the fact that it can be used in China since I go there regularly for work.
- Submitted By Jenny White on 03/13/2018Fast and easy to use with a ton of great servers around me. Def recommend PrivateVPN!
- Submitted By JJ Sanders on 11/15/2019Private Internet Access does NOT protect your identity - it leaks your IP address. I really like the ease of use and the interface, but now have received several Copyright Infringement letters from my ISP while using PIA, even after their customer service suggested several fixes and adjustments. At first it was leaking my Ipv6 data, and we fixed that. I found that even though their suggested test site said it was OK, other sites shows the data was still leaking. Even after stopping that - PIA continues to leak my IP address causing me more problems. I used a simple Anonymizer previously for years with no problems. DON'T USE PIA IF YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR ISP ADDRESS.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure. Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
PrivateVPN is a Sweden-based VPN provider (already) famous for its incredible speeds and tight security setup. Read our dedicated PrivateVPN review to learn everything about the company and its service.