Private Internet Access and Windscribe often cause quite a dilemma to those looking to get VPN - they are both excellent, with many users all over the world, so it is difficult to choose which one to sign up for. Consider your specific needs and then check out our comparison to find out which company meets them the best.
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By JJ Sanders on 11/15/2019Private Internet Access does NOT protect your identity - it leaks your IP address. I really like the ease of use and the interface, but now have received several Copyright Infringement letters from my ISP while using PIA, even after their customer service suggested several fixes and adjustments. At first it was leaking my Ipv6 data, and we fixed that. I found that even though their suggested test site said it was OK, other sites shows the data was still leaking. Even after stopping that - PIA continues to leak my IP address causing me more problems. I used a simple Anonymizer previously for years with no problems. DON'T USE PIA IF YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR ISP ADDRESS.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure. Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Jerem on 12/03/2019Windscribe may not be 100% perfect, but it's a lot better than many of the other VPNs you'll come across. Trust me, i've used too many to count, and often ended up being dissapointed. Windscribe is the only platform I know to continuenly update and provide reliable funcsitons that work!
- Submitted By Eben on 11/18/2019Windscribe is by far a 5* VPN that has everything you'll need. It has been the only VPN i've used over the last 2 years and it's honestly been the only once i've needed. It's grown in leaps and bounds, and has continued to only improve. I've enjoyed seeing the VPN grow and get better, especially with its most recent updates. Love the new look, the new features, yet the same quality services! I would recommend this to any VPN user looking for the 'right one'.
- Submitted By Stellar on 10/28/2019Windscribe has grown in leaps and bounds and continues to be one of the best VPNs i've used in years. Very stable connections with a selection of servers to choose from too. Windscribe has continued to maintain their VPN, while keeping the design and ease of use in mind. It's got one of the best security features i've seen in a while, especially because it works! So many VPNs claim to do this and that, but then once you invest you find that to be a lie. With Windscribe you actually get your moneys worth!
- Submitted By Arvin on 10/21/2019Windscribe is a VPN that has worked well since it first came around a few years ago. It has continued to grow into a successful and reliable VPN and has been my top VPN to use since I first downloaded it. It's great for both personal and business use and i've recommended it to family and colleagues. Worth checking in my opinion.
Windscribe is a VPN service that brings you strong encryption, excellent privacy options, a wealth of security features, and unlimited bandwidth. It does not keep activity logs and you can pay with Bitcoin.