Private Internet Access and ZenMate are two excellent VPN companies. They have hundreds of thousands of users all over the world and they offer a very similar level of service quality, so it is really no wonder that so many people find themselves in a tough dilemma: Which of these two VPN providers do I choose?
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
- Incredibly easy to use
- High-level encryption
- Prevents DNS leaks
- BitCoin payment option
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By JJ Sanders on 11/15/2019Private Internet Access does NOT protect your identity - it leaks your IP address. I really like the ease of use and the interface, but now have received several Copyright Infringement letters from my ISP while using PIA, even after their customer service suggested several fixes and adjustments. At first it was leaking my Ipv6 data, and we fixed that. I found that even though their suggested test site said it was OK, other sites shows the data was still leaking. Even after stopping that - PIA continues to leak my IP address causing me more problems. I used a simple Anonymizer previously for years with no problems. DON'T USE PIA IF YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR ISP ADDRESS.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure. Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Dylan Daniels on 11/02/2019I see that everyone has the same problem with streaming netflix us, I thought i was just me but it seems it is a standard issue for zenMate. Everything else I streamed through works just fine. I don’t think it such a big del personally but I do think someone might consider it a big issue and decide on a different vpn instead so it’s something ZenMate could work on in the future.
- Submitted By Alessandro Keith on 02/08/2019I did have a problem connecting to the server for Netflix streaming but other than that everything works just fine. There are no interruptions, ZenMate covers every platform and browser I use, I can choose a server and see if it’s overcrowded so I can avoid it and its very safe and secure, I use it mostly for torrenting.
- Submitted By Bobby Webb on 10/11/2018Zenmate is very simple to use, which was the most important part for me as a total vpn noob. I later figured out that the free plan comes with a lot of limitations, so I switched to premium and couldn’t be happier with it.
- Submitted By Dennis Perry on 09/14/2018I really like how you can test the vpn before you buy it and you also have the option of continuing to use the free subscription. I also like the choice of different encryptions and connections.
Read our unbiased Private Internet Access review to learn more about this premium VPN service and see the results of our exhaustive performance tests.