Private Tunnel and AirVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- Doesn’t keep any logs
- Allows P2P sharing
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Offers a 3-day free trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years.Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website).They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?).The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription.Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By Anon on 05/23/2019Nice to see a review site actually doing its job and not just earning money from the referral crowd without asking the really important questions (just ask yourself why so many referral sites always punt the same old crowd of VPN's - Express VPN, Air VPN, Nord VPN, Vypr VPN etc etc). Air VPN is an excellent true VPN at a fair price. Would like to see some server expansion into other continents over time but speeds are generally very good in any case. Unreserved recommendation as a true VPN and not just to duck Netflix geographical restrictions. Or similar nonsense.
- Submitted By Manah on 03/08/2018I am using AirVPN sin 2013 no complaint what so ever. Only one thing I don't like about AirVPN that they are based in Italy(14 eyes)
- Submitted By Roger Adams on 12/10/2016Doesn’t get better than this. By far the best VPN around!
- Submitted By Nicole Pattison on 09/29/2016The only problem was that I had to ask my brother to set it up and explain some stuff to me. Other than that, it is really everything you can wish for. It’s fast, safe, no issues whatsoever.
AirVPN is one of the most innovative and advanced VPN protection services on the market. It boasts strong encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, offers absolute anonymity, and doesn’t keep any logs.