Private Tunnel and Anonymous VPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- Strict no logs policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Peer-to-peer sharing
- Kill switch available
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Darion Harding on 01/04/2020It works great on my phone and the speed is ok. It does have difficulties connecting to some servers, I couldn’t for example connect to the german server but I didn’t have any problems with other countries. Plus you have a free week to try it out so if you don’t like it you can get your money back.
- Submitted By Nadia Sandoval on 06/20/2019I sometimes use vpn for work just to have a quick look at some content which is not available in my country and Private Tunnel is perfect for that. It just 35$ for an entire year. you can’t get much cheaper than that
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years. Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website). They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?). The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription. Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Urijah Coleman on 08/20/2019I needed a vpn that will enable me to connect to more than one device and anonymous VPN did the trick. The first thing that draw me to this vpn was the name and I think they did a pretty good job matching the interface with the name considering it allows only basic information and there’s almost nothing else to see, like speed etc.
- Submitted By Barb on 09/06/2018Decent service with a decent price. Works good for me, but maybe it's not ideal for users with more experience.
- Submitted By Ted N on 08/28/2018I read some reviews online after purchasing the yearly subscription and I found out that there are users who are unhappy with the service. I don't have any complaints about Anonymous, but on the other hand, I don't really know much about computer technology. For what I need, this VPN is more than enough. :)
- Submitted By Sam on 08/21/2018Wish i had read reviews before purchaaing this scam. Literally took more than $100 by wording it as if they'd only take 5USD. Asked for a refund but their customer service is so useless. Pls save your money and stay away.
Private Tunnel is a VPN service provider coming from the team behind the award-winning OpenVPN project. Read our dedicated Private Tunnel review to learn everything about the service and its security levels.