Astrill VPN and Private Tunnel are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By TorrentBeast on 01/16/2018The VIP add-on is ridiculously expensive, but if you want to download everything you ever wanted in a month, it’s worth it. Really good VPN overall and the guys I spoke to via live chat actually know what they’re talking about, so that’s a big plus.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to [email protected] and [email protected] with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By Jason Ward on 09/02/2017Not the best speeds in the world, not by a long shot.
In this detailed Astrill VPN review, we introduce you to all the key qualities of this excellent VPN, including speeds, performance, level of anonymity, and the variety of security features it offers.