Astrill VPN and Private Tunnel are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Darion Harding on 01/04/2020It works great on my phone and the speed is ok. It does have difficulties connecting to some servers, I couldn’t for example connect to the german server but I didn’t have any problems with other countries. Plus you have a free week to try it out so if you don’t like it you can get your money back.
- Submitted By Nadia Sandoval on 06/20/2019I sometimes use vpn for work just to have a quick look at some content which is not available in my country and Private Tunnel is perfect for that. It just 35$ for an entire year. you can’t get much cheaper than that
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years. Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website). They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?). The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription. Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
In this detailed Astrill VPN review, we introduce you to all the key qualities of this excellent VPN, including speeds, performance, level of anonymity, and the variety of security features it offers.