Private Tunnel and Buffered VPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- Easy to use
- Money back guarantee
- Up to 5 connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years.Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website).They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?).The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription.Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By BB on 09/21/2018Dishonest policy regarding 20 day trial. If you use the service for more than 10 hours no refund is issued. They should be honest and call it a 10 hour trial.
- Submitted By Owen Barnes, on 06/18/2017Instant setup, yeah right! It takes ages! But once you go through five consecutive nervous breakdowns and somehow make it work it becomes like a loyal pet and does everything you ask it to.
- Submitted By Michael Davis, on 04/12/2017Really good vpn, works properly in the US and even better in Europe, in my opinion. But it’s quite expensive and there isn’t even a free trial, so maybe you should work on that.
- Submitted By Keyla Pope, on 01/09/2017Buffered is excellent if you ask me. It’s fast, I can use it on almost any device I can think of and it rarely drops out. However, people can’t know that before trying it out and it’s not really cool that there’s no free trial, not even for a day.
Although it is a relative newcomer to the VPN industry, Buffered VPN has a solid customer base and impressive feedback. They provide a lot in terms of performance, security, and server speeds.