Private Tunnel and ExpressVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 3,000 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Darion Harding on 01/04/2020It works great on my phone and the speed is ok. It does have difficulties connecting to some servers, I couldn’t for example connect to the german server but I didn’t have any problems with other countries. Plus you have a free week to try it out so if you don’t like it you can get your money back.
- Submitted By Nadia Sandoval on 06/20/2019I sometimes use vpn for work just to have a quick look at some content which is not available in my country and Private Tunnel is perfect for that. It just 35$ for an entire year. you can’t get much cheaper than that
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years. Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website). They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?). The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription. Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Victor Vega on 12/20/2019Speed quality is constant and there are no disconnections. Once you find the right server you can count on the same speed and reliable performance. I had to buy a license for two more connections but if you don’t need it for your work as a do, the original five simultaneous connections are more than you probably need. Overall, I think its a great product that offers value for money, I’ve paid $6.67 for a year, that’s the price per month and I’ve got three extra months for free so it’s around 100$ for 15 months which I think is a good deal.
- Submitted By Al Gonzalez on 11/29/2019ExpressVPN is probably the best ones out unless you live or work in the Orwellian nation of PRC where almost every VPN is blocked and you need bridges with Tor to access the web uncensored. ExpressVPN have some of the fastest and most stable servers you can use. You can be using the same server for weeks and even a month and it doesn't die out or disconnect. Very reliable for streaming and P2P the speed is close to my vanilla connection. No IP or DNS leaks easy to use and straight forward. The only real con is the damn price almost cost $100 for their best plan but 15 months of speedy and stable servers makes it worth it if you are a heavy streamer or downloader.
- Submitted By Alain Kaninda on 10/31/2019Overall it is good when it works. There are sites that cannot be unlocked. My greatest disastisfaction with Express VPN is the speed. I have a 40mbps connection, and it runs at speeds under 10 mbps.So sometimes, the pic quality is not as good as it should be. Except when I connect to the South African server. But It won't allow me to access services elesewhere. That's the biggest negative point of your service!!!
- Submitted By Martin on 10/30/2019I'm a new user of Express and I have not been impressed since day 1. Not a good VPN for use in China currently. Very few available connections and all very slow to connect. Once connected the speeds are incredibly poor. Whilst this may not be entirely Express's fault they do not seem to be responding as well as other VPN's to the changing restrictions in China. My previous VPN (Astrill) was much more reliable in China. I only switched as Express offered connectivity options for Apple TV and Raspberry PI. No chance to connect either under the current conditions. I'm cancelling my subscription and switching to another VPN before the 30 day trial expires. --
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services located in the British Virgin Islands and sporting a solid security setup, vast server network, excellent speeds and performance, and impressive geo-spoofing capabilities.