Private Tunnel and Ivacy are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- 250+ servers
- Smart Purpose Selection
- Zero logs
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years.Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website).They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?).The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription.Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By L on 11/25/2018Worse than garbageWhen my previous VPN company suddenly increased their price by 70%. I decided to look for another company. Ivacy came up and I signed up for a 5 year deal that was quite inexpensive.Installing Ivacy on my Mac was strangly problematic, since I’ve never had any problems installing anything including VPNs on my mac.Ivacy’s online help and chat wanted me to GIVE THEM CONTROL OF MY COMPUTER RIGHT AWAY just to install IVACY.I steadfastly refused.This feels strange. And since I couldn’t install after awhile, I tried to cancel and get a refund within a day.No refund, since I paid with bitcoin, but they didn’t tell me that before hand.Later, installation worked. But…I would be dropped off vpn constantly WITHOUT WARNING. Other companies will pop a a notice: vpn disconnected. But not IVACY.I will be surfing thinking there is security, but when I later checked , I was already disconnected from vpn and surfing without VPN. This happened ALL THE TIME.And when I tried to sign on, it always failed UNLESS I chose Singapore(toughest laws) as the server country.(And some of the glorious reviews of Ivacy definitely look like paid reviews to me.)
- Submitted By Scott Brooks on 10/05/2018Ivacy is so easy to use and it has a bunch of servers to connect to. I bought premium so I can run it on 5 separate devices at the same time, which is awesome. I haven’t noticed any significant speed drops, so there’s that as well. However, we Linux users are out of luck since it doesn’t have a native app so expect to get your hands dirty and tinker around with manual settings to get it to work on Linux.
- Submitted By Brandon Turner on 06/20/2018I’m pretty happy with this vpn for the price I paid. It allows p2p and it even has some dedicated servers. On top of that, split tunneling is also a nifty feature to have in your arsenal. All in all, great value for the price.
- Submitted By Charitha on 01/13/2018Guys, Do not recommend this to anyone !! Had the account over 9 months, haven't seen a decent speed. Drops out intermittently as well. When contact the support, tells me about bandwidth sharing.... Why do they sell if they cant gurantee what they promise when they sell...This is what happens when you buy cheap stuff. My money is wasted over 2 year contract.... Just go with big guys, at least you get your moneys worth !!!!
With over 270 servers located strategically all over the world, Ivacy really has you covered. This VPN service provider also has impressive uptime stats and high-quality service and speeds. An excellent choice for those looking for unlimited bandwidth and speed.