Private Tunnel and Ivacy are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- 250+ servers
- Smart Purpose Selection
- Zero logs
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Darion Harding on 01/04/2020It works great on my phone and the speed is ok. It does have difficulties connecting to some servers, I couldn’t for example connect to the german server but I didn’t have any problems with other countries. Plus you have a free week to try it out so if you don’t like it you can get your money back.
- Submitted By Nadia Sandoval on 06/20/2019I sometimes use vpn for work just to have a quick look at some content which is not available in my country and Private Tunnel is perfect for that. It just 35$ for an entire year. you can’t get much cheaper than that
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years. Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website). They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?). The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription. Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Brielle Carlson on 01/10/2020What I liked the most about Ivacy VPN is its Smart Purpose Selection that basically does everything for me. It chooses the best server depending on what I need the VPN for and connects to it. I can just skip trying to be an expert and leave it to the actual experts.
- Submitted By Rhett Kline on 10/20/2019I thought Ivacy is overselling their product a bit, however, it turned out it’s not the case at all. They genuinely offer a great product that also looks very clean and professional. You can adjust it according to your needs and there are no buffering moments or speed variations or anything that could affect its performance.
- Submitted By marcus on 09/16/2019de tous les VPN que j'ai utilisé celui ci n'est pas le meilleur loin de la!!!! pour changer de serveurs dabord se deconnecter pour changer un reglage se deconnecter et a chaque fois redemarrer en administrateur ???? on a vu plus simple et plus rapide et surtout surtout ce que ne disent pas les testeurs le KILL SWICTH ne fonctionne qu'avec le pare feru windows autrement dit ... si vous avez un autre anti virus bye bye le kill switch !!! cherchez l'erreur . donc a vous de voir ....
- Submitted By L on 11/25/2018Worse than garbage When my previous VPN company suddenly increased their price by 70%. I decided to look for another company. Ivacy came up and I signed up for a 5 year deal that was quite inexpensive. Installing Ivacy on my Mac was strangly problematic, since I’ve never had any problems installing anything including VPNs on my mac. Ivacy’s online help and chat wanted me to GIVE THEM CONTROL OF MY COMPUTER RIGHT AWAY just to install IVACY. I steadfastly refused. This feels strange. And since I couldn’t install after awhile, I tried to cancel and get a refund within a day. No refund, since I paid with bitcoin, but they didn’t tell me that before hand. Later, installation worked. But… I would be dropped off vpn constantly WITHOUT WARNING. Other companies will pop a a notice: vpn disconnected. But not IVACY. I will be surfing thinking there is security, but when I later checked , I was already disconnected from vpn and surfing without VPN. This happened ALL THE TIME. And when I tried to sign on, it always failed UNLESS I chose Singapore(toughest laws) as the server country. (And some of the glorious reviews of Ivacy definitely look like paid reviews to me.)
With over 270 servers located strategically all over the world, Ivacy really has you covered. This VPN service provider also has impressive uptime stats and high-quality service and speeds. An excellent choice for those looking for unlimited bandwidth and speed.