Namecheap VPN and Private Tunnel are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- 1k+ servers in 40+ locations
- Strict no-logging policy
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ana Aleksejeva on 05/22/2019Great product, used it for a few months now and very happy.
- Submitted By James Mitchell on 11/25/2018I’m always a bit queasy when I have to deal with American vpns. Still, I decided to give Namecheap a whirl since it’s so much cheaper than anything else I’ve seen so far. It doesn’t grind my connection to a halt so that’s good and I guess it covers some of the basic vpn functionalities but it still has a long way to go before it can reach the heights of Nord or Express.
- Submitted By Joe Yeubank on 07/20/2018This vpn is as simple as it gets which is awesome for me since I'm no tech wizard by any stretch of the imagination. However I had a ton of problems with it on my computer and it took user support almost two weeks to get it up and running.
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years.Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website).They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?).The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription.Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
Namecheap, a reputable hosting provider located in Phoenix, Arizona, has launched its very own VPN service. Learn all about its main features, security levels, and current shortcomings in this honest Namecheap VPN review.