Private Tunnel and PureVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- Great compatibility
- Split tunneling
- NAT firewall
- Internet kill switch
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to [email protected] and [email protected] with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By Jason Ward on 09/02/2017Not the best speeds in the world, not by a long shot.
- Submitted By Julius on 08/17/20180 stars. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. Here's why: - their published list of servers is not working because certificates invalid - their customer support blows hot air bc they are clueless except click here or there - their app connects to many servers during install - list below - their app insists that you use their DNS regardless of your option to disable this "feature" - their app insists on running at startup even if you unselected this option during install - at every connect it goes to google.com DNS 220.127.116.11 LIST of servers their app connects to during install: 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 and others I got tired to keep track of. Atevery connect it attempts to go to 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11+ 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124- 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206+ 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 and others
- Submitted By Ex PureVPN user on 08/06/2018Any VPN that cooperates with the government deserves 0 star. Even though this is a HK-based company, it was willing to work with the US government. Just google "PureVPN FBI" to learn the whole story. It also keeps connection logs so it can trace back to you. So-called "zero log" policy is bogus.
- Submitted By Dan on 03/12/2018It gets NO STARS because that is Exactly what it is worth!!! (I guess I am FORCED to give it one star to get this review accepted!) This is the worst product I have ever had!!! Their "support" (if you want to call it that) Is TOTALLY WORTHLESS! I don't think those guys understand anything!!! It has been one of the MOST FRUSTRATING experiences in my 30+ years of IT work experience!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and use another product!
- Submitted By Simone on 02/16/2018Avoid them, refund policy is completely lie! Many of their services not working also their app integrated with a trojan,
Considered one of the best VPN providers, PureVPN will impress you with its selection of features, superb uptime, and some truly great speeds, as well as with its pricing plans and server locations.