Both Surfshark and Private Tunnel are good VPN solutions, but which one of them is slightly better? That is what this Surfshark VS Private Tunnel comparison allows you to find out. See how these two VPNs compare to one another, view all of their key features side by side, and discover which one of them is more highly recommended by our experts.
- Optimized for HD streaming
- Military-grade encryption
- Strict no-logging policy
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Roman on 12/30/2018Hello Do not buy it. I had installed software on 3 PCs, notebook and android and all starts to have problems with internet, network... even if surfshark is not connected... Software is piece of crap. I paid for 24 months and I want refund after few days more than 30 days and the reject to refund. Do not trust SurfShark. Pay a little more and everything will at least work which won't with surfshark!
- Submitted By P on 11/21/2018This site needs updating. Surfshark does have a killswitch for one. Also what puts this far and above PIA is its based in the Virgin Islands while PIA is USA based. This is huge when anyone tries to trace your activity. Any US based VPN providers MUST cave to internal enforcement and provide as much detail about you as possible. Speeds are phenominal,I have almost no impact on bandwidth even from remote connections.
- Submitted By Edward Perez on 06/11/2018I'm waiting for new apps since I can't use it on my iPhone. I can't be bothered to try and set up things manually since I don't want to and even if I did, I wouldn't know how. So, really hoping the company launches some new apps in the near future.
- Submitted By Sandra Lee on 02/22/2018Got it from the start and super happy so far.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to [email protected] and [email protected] with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By Jason Ward on 09/02/2017Not the best speeds in the world, not by a long shot.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.