Both Surfshark and Private Tunnel are good VPN solutions, but which one of them is slightly better? That is what this Surfshark VS Private Tunnel comparison allows you to find out. See how these two VPNs compare to one another, view all of their key features side by side, and discover which one of them is more highly recommended by our experts.
- Optimized for HD streaming
- Military-grade encryption
- Strict no-logging policy
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Don B. on 03/12/2019Well, skeptical as I always am, I was initially leery about signing onto Surfshark. However, for all the times, both intermittent and long-term connections I've used, server speeds were always fast, extremely secure and completely anonymous. As long as these attributes continue, I'll view Surfshark as a perfectly legitimate and safe VPN. Thanks...
- Submitted By Mister Wolf on 03/11/2019I got the 2 year contract and have been using SurfShark for a couple of months with zero problems. It is better than cake, and i like cake.
- Submitted By D.Johnson on 02/19/2019Attracted by the positive reviews I took a 2 year subscription. BIG MISTAKE. After 1 week everything I watched using Surfshark started lagging. 2 weeks later I could not connect to BBC, ITV, Channel 4. Customer support said it would be up and running within 2 days. 1 week later still nothing. I again contacted customer support who offered me a full refund as they could not guarantee when they would have servers in place. 20 days later and no refund. Customer support continue to mislead and make unfulfilled promises. This company is best avoided. Use only if you have money to throw away.
- Submitted By Colin C. 01/22/2019Their interface does look really simple but it made it absolutely fool-proof for me. It, also, works great with Netflix and Amazon. As per tech part, I was happy they have static IPs and not dynamic. Though, it's a bit different. They have many servers in each country/city and you can get a different IP or the same IP every time. You'll be connected to the nearest and fastest server in the location that you chose, so you cannot know what IP you'll get until you're actually connected. So far so good, but I'll keep an eye on the news because the service speed and features are great, so I would love to have their dedicated IP too.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By Jason Ward on 09/02/2017Not the best speeds in the world, not by a long shot.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.