Private Tunnel and Windscribe both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Darion Harding on 01/04/2020It works great on my phone and the speed is ok. It does have difficulties connecting to some servers, I couldn’t for example connect to the german server but I didn’t have any problems with other countries. Plus you have a free week to try it out so if you don’t like it you can get your money back.
- Submitted By Nadia Sandoval on 06/20/2019I sometimes use vpn for work just to have a quick look at some content which is not available in my country and Private Tunnel is perfect for that. It just 35$ for an entire year. you can’t get much cheaper than that
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years. Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website). They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?). The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription. Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Jerem on 12/03/2019Windscribe may not be 100% perfect, but it's a lot better than many of the other VPNs you'll come across. Trust me, i've used too many to count, and often ended up being dissapointed. Windscribe is the only platform I know to continuenly update and provide reliable funcsitons that work!
- Submitted By Eben on 11/18/2019Windscribe is by far a 5* VPN that has everything you'll need. It has been the only VPN i've used over the last 2 years and it's honestly been the only once i've needed. It's grown in leaps and bounds, and has continued to only improve. I've enjoyed seeing the VPN grow and get better, especially with its most recent updates. Love the new look, the new features, yet the same quality services! I would recommend this to any VPN user looking for the 'right one'.
- Submitted By Stellar on 10/28/2019Windscribe has grown in leaps and bounds and continues to be one of the best VPNs i've used in years. Very stable connections with a selection of servers to choose from too. Windscribe has continued to maintain their VPN, while keeping the design and ease of use in mind. It's got one of the best security features i've seen in a while, especially because it works! So many VPNs claim to do this and that, but then once you invest you find that to be a lie. With Windscribe you actually get your moneys worth!
- Submitted By Arvin on 10/21/2019Windscribe is a VPN that has worked well since it first came around a few years ago. It has continued to grow into a successful and reliable VPN and has been my top VPN to use since I first downloaded it. It's great for both personal and business use and i've recommended it to family and colleagues. Worth checking in my opinion.
Windscribe is a VPN service that brings you strong encryption, excellent privacy options, a wealth of security features, and unlimited bandwidth. It does not keep activity logs and you can pay with Bitcoin.