Private Tunnel and Windscribe both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years.Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website).They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?).The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription.Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By John G. on 05/14/2019If you're looking for a vpn that actually works and does what it's supposed to do then you've come to the right place. Windscribe by far is the best VPN I've used in a long time. It has a great selection of features that also provides security when browsing, it has a ton of locations to choose from if you're a pro member and being able to connect multiple devices to one account is a major plus. Overall, Windscribe is a must have in my eyes and one I'd recommend investing in.
- Submitted By Christian on 04/01/2019If you're conscious about finding the extra level of security one needs when surfing online, look no further as Windscribe gives you just that. I originally downloaded it due to wanting to be able to connect to different servers and unblock certain sites, but upon finding out the security levels they have in place to protect you and your identity/data, I was even more in love with the app. It works great and has so many features that outdo the other VPNs out there.
- Submitted By charley on 03/31/2019Hi , I live in a country almost any site is forbidden and blocked by DPI. I can not download any VPN without a "VPN" . Due to local and international restriction no one (here) can not own any kind of international credit cards; Therefore in-spite I love to buy WINDSCRIB premium it is not easy( I do have more than enough cash in many exchanges including Euro,USD, MYR,GBP,..but they cost you twice for money transfer). There are lots of local cheap VPNs, but they come with root inspection of your devices to report to ...!! My privacy is critical; no-worry because WINDSCRIB has brought almost everything I want for me. At the present time I am using FREE VERSION ,gives me 10 G a month And if you share it with others(+ a bit of introductory notes) you receive another 10gs ! If you use R.O.B.E.R.T feature you get another 10!! If you obtain the premium, There is nothing in the world to worry about, even better than EXPRESS vpn , I would buy it A.S.A.I.C not only for myself but the whole family. No doubt WINDSCRIB will soon go to top VPNs. Thanx 2 WINDSCRIB
- Submitted By Ronnie on 03/25/2019Absolutely love Windscribe! It's been great using mainly because it's very simple yet very effective. I've had no problems with speeds, downloading, uploading, or connecting to different servers around the world to unblock geo-restricted sites! I've found that US netflix works, and the blockers for ads and trackers do a very good job.
Windscribe is a VPN service that brings you strong encryption, great privacy, and unrestricted access to US Netflix with its Windflix servers. Learn more about Windscribe Pro in this Windscribe VPN review.