Private Tunnel and ZenMate both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- Incredibly easy to use
- High-level encryption
- Prevents DNS leaks
- BitCoin payment option
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to [email protected] and [email protected] with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By Sarah Robinson on 10/13/2017I like the trial thing. It's the best way to see if somebody will like the vpn or not.
- Submitted By Donald Phillips on 09/23/2017I'm not all that into the whole IT craze and couldn't learn anything from the site. At least the support guys were quick on their feet.
- Submitted By Jason Ward on 09/02/2017Not the best speeds in the world, not by a long shot.
- Submitted By Ted Brown on 03/15/2018More features than in most competitors in this price range. Excellent speed!
- Submitted By Maureen Lynch on 01/06/2018I’m definitely not an expert when it comes to VPN, but this one does the job perfectly and it’s not that pricy either. I would honestly recommend it.
- Submitted By Abdul Tariq on 10/10/2017Was excited about desktop version, but proved to be not that good. Anyway, it is still very good VPN.
- Submitted By Pete Reynolds on 03/05/2017Lower rating just because of the support, takes them forever to respond and I didn’t even get the answer I really needed. Other than that, no problems whatsoever.
ZenMate is a high-quality VPN service provider that offers great speeds and strong encryption. It includes tons of useful features, including malware block, Smart Locations, and EverSecure.