Disconnect VPN and ProtonVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Solid encryption setup
- 3 simultaneous connections
- Straightforward interface
- Great ease of use
- AES-256 encryption
- DNS leak protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter on 02/26/2019I made a huge mistake when I bought a lifetime for this dog. It sits on my desktop under Win10/64bit and looks real pretty. Unfortunately, nothing happens, but it shure looks good. There is NO SUPPORT. No user forum. No way to search online for Disconnect VPN problems. Go ahead. Give it a try. They've got a good thing going there.Tech suppport? Good luck with that. I emailed - email, imagine that - a year ago. Response: We'll have an engineer get back to you Real Soon Now - right out of the '90s.I'd give it no stars if you the rating available.I recommend Windscribe. IT WORKS.
- Submitted By Mia Carrey on 06/12/2018MY connection speed plummeted the moment I turned the VPN protection on. My internet is garbage to begin with and it becomes borderline unusable with Disconnect.
- Submitted By User X on 04/19/2018It doesn't work with Netflix and it freezes my laptop all the time.
- Submitted By John Adams on 01/10/2018Good for some basic protection but definitely not the right choice for people who seriously want to up their security game.
- Submitted By Libero Zagreo on 02/28/2019I have a Plus account and I use it both on Linux (Debian) and Android. I don't know why many websites don't consider Proton in they comparisons: it seems to be an excellent VPN service, not cheap but if you can afford a Plus account it's worth the money. Visionary is very expensive but it's for companies and most users don't need it at all. Speed is decent and, if you use a close server, it's almost equal to your normal speed. What i like of Proton is the secure-core option (only for Plus and Visionary) that allow you to use an extra server located in a privacy-friendly country and the TOR servers: thanks to TOR servers you can browse onion sites without installing TOR: you just enable onion in Firefox from "about:config": find "network.dns.blockDotOnion;true", double click and change it to "network.dns.blockDotOnion;false". You are done! On Android it works like a charm both on wifi and data. For Linux users my advice is to use the command line version rather than manage it from the network-manager. My final thought about it: ProtonVPN is a solid reliable service to protect your privacy and encrypt your traffic.
- Submitted By Bharat Sahu on 02/19/20195 stars
- Submitted By Martin Dale on 05/28/2018This is brilliant for what I want it for, using it for Windows now just waiting for it to be on the Amazon Firestick/TV.
- Submitted By Roger Daniels on 01/16/2018THE best VPN, if you can afford Plus or Visionary.
Enjoy a full overview of ProtonVPN’s impressive features and explore its usability, functionality, and affordability, as well as its greatest shortcomings in our easy-to-understand ProtonVPN review.