Astrill VPN and proXPN are considered to be among the best VPN companies in the world. To an inexperienced eye, they may seem almost identical. Users interested in getting a VPN often face a dilemma concerning which of these two to go for and which provider is better for their particular needs.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- One-month free trial
- User-friendly client
- Good response times
- Comes with VPN Guard
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By MichelleChowNJ on 12/22/2016I know that you have to pay in order to enjoy good quality service but cmon guys this free account is ridiculous. The speed is sooooo slowwww!!!! Plus I can't use it on my tablet so.. I mean it's useless.
- Submitted By Luke Martinez on 11/08/2016proXPN is an okay service if you just want to occasionally watch Netflix or whatever and you don't have access to the service, like when you're traveling or staying abroad. It's also good for when you're in one of those places where you can't even use Facebook because it makes it seem like you're somewhere else.
- Submitted By CocoJ on 09/04/2016I've had some problems with connection turning off all the time so I contacted the support through their ticket system. They were very polite and they fixed the problem but it took them FOREVER to answer. Like three or four days, I swear to God.
- Submitted By Gena Graziani on 07/29/2016I honestly believe everyone should use VPN, even if you have nothing to hide. It's just common sense. I have the proXPN Premium account, it's not that expensive and it gives me the peace of mind. It's sometimes a bit slow but I can live with that.
In this detailed Astrill VPN review, we introduce you to all the key qualities of this excellent VPN, including speeds, performance, level of anonymity, and the variety of security features it offers.