Pure VPN is a top-notch VPN service provider, but IPVanish is a fast-growing contender making its way to the top. It is not easy to choose between giving a chance to a new, improving and innovative provider, and sticking with an already well-known one. This detailed comparison will help you learn the strongest and the weakest points of both providers, and make the right decision.
This Pure VPN and IPVanish comparison will introduce different factors that will showcase the most important features of both VPN providers. That way you will get a comprehensive insight and be able to choose the more suitable provider for you.
- Great compatibility
- Split tunneling
- NAT firewall
- Internet kill switch
- 1,000+ servers
- Zero logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT firewall
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tom Reed on 09/07/2018Not sure why some users are complaining about PureVPN. It does everything it is supposed to do and you can barely notice that it's even on. Great speeds, great features, great experience.
- Submitted By Alexa M on 08/30/2018The only thing that I don't like about Pure is that it keeps some logs. I'm not really worried about this because I don't do anything illegal online, but still, it would be better if it had a no logging policy.
- Submitted By Steve on 08/27/2018The best VPN I used so far. Don't really know much about VPNs, but what it promises to do, it does great. 5/5 stars definitely.
- Submitted By Xargalon on 08/21/2018One star for current use. It hasn't worked in China since July, when I left China for a holiday. Cust serv says they're working on it, yet other providers claim to be working fine in China. I'm overseas now and looking for a VPN that works before I go back to China. I was half way into my 2nd year with Pure, but zero connectivity is not expected for so long.
- Submitted By Anthony Colton on 07/20/2017Not the fastest there is, but rather solid performance.
- Submitted By Gabriel Hunter, on 06/24/2017This used to be the best vpn of all times, but the latest update just killed it. It’s so difficult to connect that I’m starting to think that it’s a pure God’s miracle every time I succeed.
- Submitted By Norma Marley, on 05/19/2017Great service so far. I had no trouble whatsoever. It works fast, opens anything I want and every time I want to ask anything support is online and answers fast.
- Submitted By Theresa Wayne, on 02/12/2017Great service
Considered one of the best VPN providers, PureVPN will impress you with its selection of features, superb uptime, and some truly great speeds, as well as with its pricing plans and server locations.
We will compare the main features of Pure VPN and IPVanish side by side. After a careful read-through, you will have all the necessary information that will help you decide which of the providers could be more serviceable for you.
- Pure VPN can be used on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. When it comes to devices, it works on the Xbox, and even routers. However, if you have a Windows phone, this VPN provider will not work for you.
- IPVanish wins this one, since it can be used on the Windows phone, as well as on all the other operating systems and platforms Pure VPN is compatible with.
- If you face any kind of problem with Pure VPN, you can reach support staff through email or live chat. The FAQ / Knowledgebase section is quite good and can help you with commonplace problems.
- IPVanish does not offer 24/7 phone support like Pure VPN does. This provider also does not have a live chat option, so really the only types of support it does offer are an FAQ / Knowledgebase section and email support.
- Pure VPN offers a better deal here, with 80.000 IPs.
- IPVanish has 40.000 IPs in total, which is a significant number, but still lower than Pure VPN.
- Pure VPN offers one-month ($10.95 per month), six-month ($8.95 per month) and a two-year subscription packages. A two-year subscription is only $2.91 per month, which is a fairly cheap option. It does not have a trial period, but the company provides a 7-day money back guarantee. Pure VPN supports Bitcoin payment.
- IPVanish offers a one-month ($10 per month), three-month ($8.99 per month) and annual subscription ($6.49 per month). IPVanish also has a 7-day money back guarantee, supports Bitcoin, but does not offer a free trial.
- Pure VPN promises you maximum online security by using Open VPN protocol, L2TP, PPTP and SSTP protocols.
- You get Open VPN protocol, L2TP and PPTP protocols, but SSTP is not a part of IPVanish offer.
Performance & Reliability
- Pure VPN provides outstanding performance since it uses 750+ servers in 141 countries all over the globe. But that is not all – with Pure VPN you get unlimited speed, bandwidth and server switching, it allows P2P and you can simultaneously connect on up to five devices.
- It is a tight contest in this category, but IPVanish loses in a photo finish, since it offers everything that Pure VPN offers, but it does not have a wide range of coverage. Instead of 141 countries, IPVansih works in only 60 with around 850 servers.
Security & Protection
- With Pure VPN, you get a top-class security assured by 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall, Wi-Fi protection, split tunneling and AES-256 encryption. If your computer disconnects from the VPN for any reason, your online anonymity will be preserved by the kill switch. Weak points of this provider’s protection are absence of an ad or malware blocker, and the fact that it keeps some logs.
- IPVanish does provide 1st Party DNS servers security, NAT firewall, a kill switch and Wi-Fi protection, but there is no split tunneling. On the other hand, there is advantage of no logs policy, which is crucial if you want to use the internet anonymously.