If you are having a hard time deciding between PureVPN and Private Internet Access, you have come to the right place. This comprehensive PureVPN vs. Private Internet Access comparison was designed to help you easily determine which one of these two VPN service providers can better satisfy your needs.
The quality of their offers is determined by the degree to which they fulfill 7 major requirements identified by our team as crucial for quality VPN service. For a detailed view, check out the PureVPN vs. Private Internet Access comparison breakdown below.
- Great compatibility
- Split tunneling
- NAT firewall
- Internet kill switch
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dan on 03/12/2018It gets NO STARS because that is Exactly what it is worth!!! (I guess I am FORCED to give it one star to get this review accepted!) This is the worst product I have ever had!!! Their "support" (if you want to call it that) Is TOTALLY WORTHLESS! I don't think those guys understand anything!!! It has been one of the MOST FRUSTRATING experiences in my 30+ years of IT work experience!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and use another product!
- Submitted By Simone on 02/16/2018Avoid them, refund policy is completely lie! Many of their services not working also their app integrated with a trojan,
- Submitted By Chris Forward on 02/09/2018I’ve never been so satisfied with a VPN before. Honestly, I wish I’d started using it years ago.
- Submitted By Sharon on 01/09/2018I haven’t tried any other VPN so I can’t say it’s the best, but I personally love it. It’s well designed, it works perfectly, and I feel safe using it.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Lyndon Hart on 11/19/2016Horrible service with awful customer support. They never ever helped me at all. One time I'm pretty certain a support tech called me a moron but in a polite way. I mean ok I understand I can be annoying but they are there for me, aren't they?
- Submitted By HughLeeUK on 11/11/2016Private Internet Access is a decent, solid and overall enjoyable vpn service. Sure, they could be faster but I mean it's vpn so what can you expect. My connections are solid most of the time and I also appreciate their tutorials, which are very helpful and written in a way that everyone can understand.
Considered one of the best VPN providers, PureVPN will impress you with its selection of features, superb uptime, and some truly great speeds, as well as with its pricing plans and server locations.
In order to make the best possible choice, you need to know exactly what these two VPN providers have to offer. Take a look at their features listed below and choose the one that better fits your expectations.
- PureVPN is compatible with all major platforms and operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android. It also works on Xbox and routers. You can use it on up to 5 devices.
- Private Internet Access is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. It can be used on up to 5 devices and provides customized security for different devices.
- PureVPN has an excellent knowledge base and FAQ section. Its friendly staff is available via email and live chat.
- Private Internet Access also has an extensive knowledge base and helpful FAQ. You can get help from other users by participating in forum discussions as well. If you need quick help from experts, you can contact the support staff via 24/7 live chat.
- PureVPN offers around 80 000 dynamic/shared IP addresses. It also offers static/dedicated IP addresses.
- Unlike PureVPN, Private Internet Access only offers dynamic/shared IP addresses.
- PureVPN offers 4 subscription packages to its users. The monthly subscription costs $9.95, the six-month subscription costs $7.49 per month while the annual subscription costs $4.99 per month. If you opt for the 2-year plan, you can get PureVPN for only $2.08 per month.
- Private Internet Access offers 3 subscription plans. Just as in the case of PureVPN, the only difference between the plans is in the duration of the subscription. The monthly plan costs $6.95, the 6-month plan costs $35.99 ($5.99 per month), and the most affordable, annual plan costs $39.95 ($3.33 per month).
- PureVPN offers 4 encryption protocols, including OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP.
- Private Internet Access also offers 4 protocols: OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP.
Performance & Reliability
- PureVPN operates over 500 servers in 141 countries worldwide. It offers great performance and speeds and unlimited bandwidth, speed, and server switching. It allows P2P sharing.
- Private Internet Access has over 3260 servers in 25 world countries. It boasts excellent speeds and smooth performance and brings you unlimited bandwidth. The software features DNS leak protection. P2P sharing is allowed.
Security & Protection
- PureVPN features strong encryption, a kill switch, and NAT firewall. It also offers Wi-Fi protection and split tunneling. It allows you to pay with BitCoin, but unfortunately, it does keep some logs.
- Private Internet Access brings you strong encryption and a VPN kill switch. It keeps no logs of your activity and accepts BitCoin, providing you with complete anonymity.