If you are looking for a high level of protection and security, both PrivateVPN and Smart DNS Proxy are excellent choices, so you cannot go wrong no matter which one you opt for. However, if you wonder which one of these packs more handy features and offers better services in general, this PrivateVPN VS Smart DNS Proxy comparison can answer all of your questions and help you make the right choice. View our detailed comparison below and discover which service is one step ahead of its competitor.
- Excellent speed/security
- 6 simultaneous connections
- 24/7 live chat user support
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ryder Clay on 01/05/2020What made me choose PrivateVPN is that I’ve read in a couple of places that it has servers with special IPs for netflix, amazon prime etc. Some servers get busy sometimes which makes the connection not that reliable and I’d suggest that there’s an option to see how many people are currently on the server so it doesn’t get overcrowded.
- Submitted By Gaige Sullivan on 12/05/2019I’m from London and I have to say PrivateVPN is every gamer’s dream come true, I’m able to play without bugs or buffering or getting disconnected and I use it on my laptop for work and while playing on my home computer so it’s not limited to only one device.
- Submitted By Ronald Carter on 06/20/2018Great vpn but I wish It had support for some other platforms as well. Hope this happens in the future. I especially like the fact that it can be used in China since I go there regularly for work.
- Submitted By Jenny White on 03/13/2018Fast and easy to use with a ton of great servers around me. Def recommend PrivateVPN!
- Submitted By paul on 10/13/2019iam not in my 3 year with smart DNS proxy in canada were i live i have only one choice of a internet , that onlu gaves me 15 MPS and smart dns proxy works verry good for me on all my devices and on my 65 inch sony android smart tv i even get 4k shows andmovies
- Submitted By Gordon andrade on 03/15/2019They started off having access to a whole load of netflix regions but now it's only the US. I am unable to understand why their service is unable to work on my smart tv or fire stick.. works perfectly on my ps3.. their support though 24/7 says change router.. seriously.. I've been with them for 3 years. Time to change.. I'm sure there are better ones
- Submitted By Jon Beckson on 10/26/2018Unstable and unreliable. I e had nothing much more than problems with this service. I just wanted something simple that allowed me to view Netflix and various UK tv catch up services. What I’ve got is a system that constantly fails to obscure my location. I co tact the support and am told to go into my router and change all manner if settings, I’m not computer geek!. I’ve do e this twice at their behest and now it’s stopoed workojg again and they want me to change a load more settings . I give up,with it, it’s very poor and not what I expected.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
PrivateVPN is a Sweden-based VPN provider (already) famous for its incredible speeds and tight security setup. Read our dedicated PrivateVPN review to learn everything about the company and its service.