The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. Astrill VPN and SurfEasy have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our Astrill VPN VS SurfEasy comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- Bank-grade encryption
- Use it on up to 5 devices
- Over 1000 servers
- Week-long free trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Brendon Shields, on 03/02/2017SurfEasy is dope. Love it, it’s not pricey and works great on both my laptop and iphone. I just keep torrenting all day long.
- Submitted By Nery Schwarz, on 01/15/2017Cool, but not the best ever. But it does the job, and it’s very easy to use it. I like that wifi option coz I keep forgetting to turn it on when I’m out.
- Submitted By John Blake, on 11/20/2016Not so bad, but not so good either. It gets reeeeaaaally slow sometimes and that drives me crazy.
SurfEasy is an excellent VPN service provider that is part of the Opera software family. It provides numerous security features to keep you safe and anonymous online. Check out our detailed SurfEasy review to learn more.