FastestVPN and Surfshark are like a Porsche and a BMW. They both have excellent features when viewed individually, but when observed side by side, it becomes obvious that their creators invested great efforts in maximizing the quality of various distinct aspects of their products. This FastestVPN VS Surfshark comparison is designed to make it easy for you to see how well these two services do in different departments, so you could decide which one offers exactly what you need. It further presents the results of an expert analysis conducted in order to show which VPN provides better services overall.
- Strict no-logging policy
- Unlimited bandwidth/speed
- P2P optimized servers
- 800+ servers
- AES-256 cypher
- Internet killswitch
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tom on 10/06/2019I installed this app on a Mac running Mojave. After attempting to use the app, my system froze. I was unable to dismiss a window generated by FastestVPN, no matter what option was selected on the window. Restarting did not solve the problem - the offending window still appeared above all other windows and could not be dismissed. I was able to resolve the difficulty only by using a backup disk as the startup disk, erasing all files associated with FastestVPN, then restoring my system from the backup disk. To their credit, upon my request, FastestVPN agreed to reverse the charge they made to my credit card at the time of purchase. Mac users should proceed with caution in using this app.
- Submitted By Dee on 08/03/2019I am professional programmer and bought the lifetime FastestVPN and got nothing but issues using their software. Installation blundering and failure to the point of resulting in rebuilding my network drivers and architecture.
- Submitted By Marina 101 on 01/20/2019It’s an ok service but you can still buy Express for just like a dollar less or smt.
- Submitted By Gavin Miller on 01/08/2020This is a perfect vpn from people like myself who use it for streaming, and gaming and for torrents. Streaming speed has been the fastest out of all the vpns I’ve tried so far. Other and eaqualiy important feature, at least for me, is that you can completely mask your IP address by jumping from one server to another. However, it really slows your internet so I suggest you do it only when necessary.
- Submitted By Harley Andrade on 12/20/2019The first time I came across surfshark I’ve read that it only has an app for android, however by the time I was deciding on what to buy they’ve already transitioned to Windows and IOS and after I’ve read its awesome review it was a no brainer. I went fro one year subscription straight away which is $5.99 per month for one year and so far I’ve been very pleased with everything.
- Submitted By J. Bennet on 12/02/2019I got a Surfshark subscription during Black Friday, so obviously I'm quite happy with the price. I mainly needed it to unblock Netflix and Disney+ so I read some reviews (including this one) before buying it to make sure. I did have some downtime on Disney+, but when I contacted their customer support, they gave me and exact SLA of when it will be fixed and added a free week to my subscription. I'd say it was handled very well.
- Submitted By SJ on 11/20/2019Yes, Surfshark is affordable, but service is patchy. I wanted Surfshark to connect to a certain website, and all VPNs in a certain location fail to "geolocate" to that location. I contacted Surfshark within the 30 days warranty period and customer support failed to fix the problem or refund my money as requested. Customer support is no good. If they refund my money or fix the problem, I will update this review. Until then....avoid Surfshark.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.