Your online protection is an extremely important matter and should be taken very seriously. Therefore, you need to find the best VPN provider to keep you safe while browsing the Internet. If CyberGhost and TunnelBear are among your top picks, this detailed TunnelBear vs. CyberGhost comparison can help you choose between them.
Our team of our experts has selected 7 crucial factors that define a good VPN provider. Read through our comprehensive TunnelBear vs. CyberGhost comparison and find out which of these superb providers is better for your needs.
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
- Unlimited data
- 2770 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By Dan Rowland, on 03/12/2017Pretty satisfied, just can’t believe it doesn’t allow torrenting, what’s up with that?
- Submitted By Jay Milan on 04/03/2019QUESTION , CAN CYBER GHOST BE USED TO CHEAT IN A RELATIONSHIP? (i.e: UNDETECTED IG, Facebook, phone numbers, texts) if so how ???
- Submitted By Russell Large on 03/19/2019Been using for 18 months. It has had its ups and downs and drop off etc, but it works and works well on all devices and i am just too lazy to start trying out others, as these all have their little foibles and take precious time to learn the configurations etc. SO, unless this gets buggy i'll keep on using and paying for this one thank you for the reply cyber, you are always more than helpful. I have issues with drop offs, but it waits a minute then reconnects automatically. I am sure that eventually it will self resolve as i travel a lot and it could simply be the various routers configurations causing this
- Submitted By Joe A on 03/19/2019this vpn is 5 star. best ive ever used. super fast and discreet browsing. honestly my only complaint is that it wants me to keep rating it once im off. also dont change display to bigger views or you might never close this program. it will blow up so big youi wont be able to do anything with it. your options are program manager to close it or restart lol.
CyberGhost offers a myriad of handy features in order to meet the varying needs of its clients. Read this CyberGhost review and find out what makes it one of the most powerful VPNs on the market.
It’s much easier to compare the advantages and disadvantages of two VPN providers when you analyze their most important features side by side. So, check out this informative TunnelBear vs. CyberGhost comparison and determine which is the right choice for you.
- TunnelBear works on every device that uses Windows, Mac, Android or iOS. It’s possible to use it on up to 5 devices at the same time.
- CyberGhost supports all major platforms: Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Linux. PremiumPlus subscribers can use it on 5 devices simultaneously.
- TunnelBear has a highly informative Help section, where you can find answers to some of your questions. Customer support can be contacted via their online form, but unfortunately, live chat isn’t available.
- CyberGhost does have live chat, but it’s only available during Eastern European working hours. Fortunately, they have an excellent FAQ and knowledge base section with a search box so you can easily find whatever it is you are looking for.
- TunnelBear provides only shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- CyberGhost also offers shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- TunnelBear has 3 subscription plans: Little, Giant, and Grizzly. The Little plan is free but quite limited since you get only 500MB of data per month. The Giant subscription provides unlimited bandwidth. It costs $9.99 per month. The Grizzly plan offers the same features as the Giant plan but is billed annually and costs only $4.16 per month. TunnelBear also recently introduced a VPN service designed for teams, which costs $69 per year.
- CyberGhost offers a 7-day free trial and three different subscription plans. A 1-month subscription costs $10.99, 6 months cost $7.99 per month (billed $47.94 annually), and a yearly plan comes with a price tag of $4.99 per month (billed $59.88 every year).
- TunnelBear works with OpenVPN and IPSec/IKEVv2 protocols.
- CyberGhost uses OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TunnelBear has servers located in 20 countries all over the world. It provides unlimited bandwidth when you subscribe to the Giant or Grizzly plan. Its excellent GhostBear feature protects you from VPN blocking while you surf the Internet with unlimited speed.
- CyberGhost boasts over 1100 servers in 51 world countries. Traffic and bandwidth are unlimited for all users. You get unlimited speed with the paid plans as well. Also, you don’t have to worry about activating your VPN since CyberGhost starts running every time you connect to a new network.
Security & Protection
- TunnelBear keeps you safe and anonymous online with the strongest AES 256-bit encryption. It also provides a kill switch feature and doesn’t keep any activity logs. Moreover, you can pay with BitCoin.
- CyberGhost also provides military-grade 256-bit encryption. They have a strict no logs policy and a top notch anti-fingerprinting system. Additionally, CyberGhost accepts BitCoin payments as well.