Your online protection is an extremely important matter and should be taken very seriously. Therefore, you need to find the best VPN provider to keep you safe while browsing the Internet. If CyberGhost and TunnelBear are among your top picks, this detailed TunnelBear vs. CyberGhost comparison can help you choose between them.
Our team of our experts has selected 7 crucial factors that define a good VPN provider. Read through our comprehensive TunnelBear vs. CyberGhost comparison and find out which of these superb providers is better for your needs.
|Value For Money|
|Read Review||Read Review|
It’s much easier to compare the advantages and disadvantages of two VPN providers when you analyze their most important features side by side. So, check out this informative TunnelBear vs. CyberGhost comparison and determine which is the right choice for you.
- TunnelBear works on every device that uses Windows, Mac, Android or iOS. It’s possible to use it on up to 5 devices at the same time.
- CyberGhost supports all major platforms: Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Linux. PremiumPlus subscribers can use it on 5 devices simultaneously.
- TunnelBear has a highly informative Help section, where you can find answers to some of your questions. Customer support can be contacted via their online form, but unfortunately, live chat isn’t available.
- CyberGhost does have live chat, but it’s only available during Eastern European working hours. Fortunately, they have an excellent FAQ and knowledge base section with a search box so you can easily find whatever it is you are looking for.
- TunnelBear provides only shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- CyberGhost also offers shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- TunnelBear has 3 subscription plans: Little, Giant, and Grizzly. The Little plan is free but quite limited since you get only 500MB of data per month. The Giant subscription provides unlimited bandwidth. It costs $9.99 per month. The Grizzly plan offers the same features as the Giant plan but is billed annually and costs only $4.99 per month.
- CyberGhost offers a pretty good free version and 2 paid subscriptions: Premium and Premium Plus. The Premium subscription grants you access to all CyberGhost servers. It costs $5.83 a month if billed annually. The Premium Plus plan is very similar to the Premium plan, but it allows you to install CyberGhost on 5 devices simultaneously. The Premium Plus plan costs $9.16 per month if billed annually.
- TunnelBear works with OpenVPN and IPSec/IKEVv2 protocols.
- CyberGhost uses OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TunnelBear has servers located in more than 20 countries all over the world. It provides unlimited bandwidth when you subscribe to the Giant or Grizzly plan. Its excellent GhostBear feature protects you from VPN blocking while you surf the Internet with unlimited speed.
- CyberGhost boasts over 700 servers in 29 world countries. Traffic and bandwidth are unlimited for all users. You get unlimited speed with the paid plans as well. Also, you don’t have to worry about activating your VPN since CyberGhost starts running every time you connect to a new network.
Security & Protection
- TunnelBear keeps you safe and anonymous online with the strongest AES 256-bit encryption. It also provides a kill switch feature and doesn’t keep any activity logs. Moreover, you can pay with BitCoin.
- CyberGhost also provides military-grade 256-bit encryption. They have a strict no logs policy and a top notch anti-fingerprinting system. Additionally, CyberGhost accepts BitCoin payments as well.
Side by Side Comparison
|24/7 Phone Support|
|FAQ / Knowledgebase|
|Shared IP - Static|
|Shared IP - Dynamic|
|Free Limited Version|
|Performance & Reliability|
|Number Of Servers|
|Number Of Connections|
|Number Of Countries|
|Unlimited server switching|
|Security & Protection|
|1st Party DNS Servers|
|No logs policy|
|Strongest Data Encryption|