Finding the perfect protection for your online identity isn’t easy. You need to choose wisely since your most important private information can be found online if you’re not careful enough. The good news is that the number of excellent VPN providers grows day by day. The problem is how to choose the right one for your needs.
If you’ve managed to narrow down your choice to TunnelBear and ExpressVPN, we can help you make the final decision. Check out our in-depth TunnelBear vs. ExpressVPN comparison and find out which one is more suitable for you.
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By Dan Rowland, on 03/12/2017Pretty satisfied, just can’t believe it doesn’t allow torrenting, what’s up with that?
- Submitted By Rachel Howard on 02/09/2018I only bought it because everyone says it’s the only VPN that works with Netflix. And it does! Good enough for me :D
- Submitted By Ben Knight on 02/03/2018Works in China, unblocks Netflix, fast, no logs, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Submitted By bob on 01/30/2018dropped connection constantly..would reconnect to a different server then drop connection again.. kill switch was great always worked as was needed a lot..tech guys told me to reboot or reinstall would help for a few days then back to same old crap..I have used a few free vpns that were more dependable and one that was 1/3 the price and 100 times better..Gave it one star as there was nothing less. used it on 4 different pc two with windows 7.. two with windows ten did not work for more than a week on any.. would not recommend express vpn to anyone.
- Submitted By Howard on 11/14/2017Over 2 days i had to contact expressvpn 4 times as the app wasnt working. In total i lost 2 days of trading and potentially lost hundreds in revenue. I was told to reinstall it twice. I was offered 1 week for free! Doesnt quite make up for it. Wouldn't recommend.
The top VPN provider on the market, ExpressVPN offers high-quality services at reasonable prices. They provide advanced features, as well as maximum reliability, fast speeds, and complete anonymity.
In order to make it to the very top, a VPN provider must meet some serious requirements. Our team has identified 7 crucial features of every first-class VPN provider.
Read our comprehensive TunnelBear vs. ExpressVPN comparison to find out which provider works better for you.
- TunnelBear is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. You can also get a plug-in for Chrome and Opera. It can be installed on 5 devices simultaneously.
- ExpressVPN works on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and Blackberry. It’s also compatible with routers as well. You can use it on up to 3 devices at the same time.
- TunnelBear has an excellent Help section, which features a convenient search box that can help you find answers to your questions. However, if you don’t find your answer there, you have to fill an online form and wait for a reply since live chat isn’t available.
- ExpressVPN provides superb customer support through live chat. You can also ask for help via email or simply check out their informative FAQ and knowledge base sections.
- TunnelBear provides access to shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- ExpressVPN uses only shared/dynamic IP addresses as well.
- TunnelBear offers 3 different plans: Little, Giant, and Grizzly. The Little plan is free and provides you with 500MB of data every month. The Giant and Grizzly plans both offer unlimited traffic and great speed. The Giant plan costs $9.99 per month while the Grizzly plan costs $4.99 a month if billed annually.
- ExpressVPN also has 3 subscription plans. The monthly subscription costs $12.95, the semi-annual is $9.99 per month, and the annual subscription is $8.32 a month. All plans come with unlimited bandwidth and high speed.
- TunnelBear protects you with OpenVPN UDP and TCP and IPSec/IKEVv2 protocols.
- ExpressVPN takes care of your anonymity by using OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TunnelBear offers servers located in over 20 world countries. You get unlimited bandwidth with the paid plans. TunnelBear can be set to launch at start-up so you don’t have to worry about reconnecting your VPN every time.
- ExpressVPN provides access to 500 servers in 87 different countries all over the globe. Unlimited speed, bandwidth and server switching enable its outstanding performance. ExpressVPN also supports P2P and offers DNS leak protection.
Security & Protection
- TunnelBear keeps you completely anonymous thanks to super-strong 256-bit encryption. Its GhostBear system prevents VPN blocking. Additionally, TunnelBear has a kill switch, doesn’t keep logs, and accepts BitCoin payments.
- ExpressVPN uses top-quality AES 256-bit encryption for premium protection. It has a no logs policy and provides a kill switch and a highly secure NAT firewall as well. You can also use BitCoin to pay for your subscription.