Finding the perfect protection for your online identity isn’t easy. You need to choose wisely since your most important private information can be found online if you’re not careful enough. The good news is that the number of excellent VPN providers grows day by day. The problem is how to choose the right one for your needs.
If you’ve managed to narrow down your choice to TunnelBear and ExpressVPN, we can help you make the final decision. Check out our in-depth TunnelBear vs. ExpressVPN comparison and find out which one is more suitable for you.
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 3,000 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Turtl3dud3 on 11/29/2019Fantastic, easy to use. Occasional connection problems, but ususually works great. It pretty much never has problems on my iPhone 6 (Impressive considering how old it is) but sometimes glitches on my Windows 10 computer.
- Submitted By Felix Z. on 09/29/2019Works perfectly, 500MB for free is actually pretty neat, if you recommend it you can get 1GB extra. I also can't complain about the speed.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By Victor Vega on 12/20/2019Speed quality is constant and there are no disconnections. Once you find the right server you can count on the same speed and reliable performance. I had to buy a license for two more connections but if you don’t need it for your work as a do, the original five simultaneous connections are more than you probably need. Overall, I think its a great product that offers value for money, I’ve paid $6.67 for a year, that’s the price per month and I’ve got three extra months for free so it’s around 100$ for 15 months which I think is a good deal.
- Submitted By Al Gonzalez on 11/29/2019ExpressVPN is probably the best ones out unless you live or work in the Orwellian nation of PRC where almost every VPN is blocked and you need bridges with Tor to access the web uncensored. ExpressVPN have some of the fastest and most stable servers you can use. You can be using the same server for weeks and even a month and it doesn't die out or disconnect. Very reliable for streaming and P2P the speed is close to my vanilla connection. No IP or DNS leaks easy to use and straight forward. The only real con is the damn price almost cost $100 for their best plan but 15 months of speedy and stable servers makes it worth it if you are a heavy streamer or downloader.
- Submitted By Alain Kaninda on 10/31/2019Overall it is good when it works. There are sites that cannot be unlocked. My greatest disastisfaction with Express VPN is the speed. I have a 40mbps connection, and it runs at speeds under 10 mbps.So sometimes, the pic quality is not as good as it should be. Except when I connect to the South African server. But It won't allow me to access services elesewhere. That's the biggest negative point of your service!!!
- Submitted By Martin on 10/30/2019I'm a new user of Express and I have not been impressed since day 1. Not a good VPN for use in China currently. Very few available connections and all very slow to connect. Once connected the speeds are incredibly poor. Whilst this may not be entirely Express's fault they do not seem to be responding as well as other VPN's to the changing restrictions in China. My previous VPN (Astrill) was much more reliable in China. I only switched as Express offered connectivity options for Apple TV and Raspberry PI. No chance to connect either under the current conditions. I'm cancelling my subscription and switching to another VPN before the 30 day trial expires. --
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services located in the British Virgin Islands and sporting a solid security setup, vast server network, excellent speeds and performance, and impressive geo-spoofing capabilities.
In order to make it to the very top, a VPN provider must meet some serious requirements. Our team has identified 7 crucial features of every first-class VPN provider.
Read our comprehensive TunnelBear vs. ExpressVPN comparison to find out which provider works better for you.
- TunnelBear is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. You can also get a plug-in for Chrome and Opera. It can be installed on 5 devices simultaneously.
- ExpressVPN works on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and Blackberry. It’s also compatible with routers as well. You can use it on up to 3 devices at the same time.
- TunnelBear has an excellent Help section, which features a convenient search box that can help you find answers to your questions. However, if you don’t find your answer there, you have to fill an online form and wait for a reply since live chat isn’t available.
- ExpressVPN provides superb customer support through live chat. You can also ask for help via email or simply check out their informative FAQ and knowledge base sections.
- TunnelBear provides access to shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- ExpressVPN uses only shared/dynamic IP addresses as well.
- TunnelBear offers 3 different plans: Little, Giant, and Grizzly. The Little plan is free and provides you with 500MB of data every month. The Giant and Grizzly plans both offer unlimited traffic and great speed. The Giant plan costs $9.99 per month while the Grizzly plan costs $4.99 a month if billed annually.
- ExpressVPN also has 3 subscription plans. The monthly subscription costs $12.95, the semi-annual is $9.99 per month, and the annual subscription is $8.32 a month. All plans come with unlimited bandwidth and high speed.
- TunnelBear protects you with OpenVPN UDP and TCP and IPSec/IKEVv2 protocols.
- ExpressVPN takes care of your anonymity by using OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TunnelBear offers servers located in over 20 world countries. You get unlimited bandwidth with the paid plans. TunnelBear can be set to launch at start-up so you don’t have to worry about reconnecting your VPN every time.
- ExpressVPN provides access to 500 servers in 87 different countries all over the globe. Unlimited speed, bandwidth and server switching enable its outstanding performance. ExpressVPN also supports P2P and offers DNS leak protection.
Security & Protection
- TunnelBear keeps you completely anonymous thanks to super-strong 256-bit encryption. Its GhostBear system prevents VPN blocking. Additionally, TunnelBear has a kill switch, doesn’t keep logs, and accepts BitCoin payments.
- ExpressVPN uses top-quality AES 256-bit encryption for premium protection. It has a no logs policy and provides a kill switch and a highly secure NAT firewall as well. You can also use BitCoin to pay for your subscription.