Finding the perfect protection for your online identity isn’t easy. You need to choose wisely since your most important private information can be found online if you’re not careful enough. The good news is that the number of excellent VPN providers grows day by day. The problem is how to choose the right one for your needs.
If you’ve managed to narrow down your choice to TunnelBear and ExpressVPN, we can help you make the final decision. Check out our in-depth TunnelBear vs. ExpressVPN comparison and find out which one is more suitable for you.
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By Dan Rowland, on 03/12/2017Pretty satisfied, just can’t believe it doesn’t allow torrenting, what’s up with that?
- Submitted By Al on 04/25/2019As of April 2019, Express barely works in China. Either you cannot connect, takes forever to connect or keeps getting disconnected. You have been warned.
- Submitted By Dale on 03/24/2019This has been nothing but trouble. After setting it up, it ran at 1/5 the normal internet speed, their claims of transparency notwithstanding. Trying the same servers on three other VPNs all returned speeds about 15% below the usual, so it clearly was very slow. Contacting support was not helpful, as they blamed variables that were the same for all the VPNs tested. They were more interesting in explaining it away then addressing the issues. The geoblocking worked for 12 hours, and then the next day I could not access geoblocked US sites. Two hours online help did not resolve the problem. While support is immediate, it simply did nothing to alleviate the problem. I am shocked, as this service gets nearly universal acclaim for reliability and speed, but that was not the case for me. Nearly every VPN I have used worked better than this, including the free ones. My setup is not unusual. I opted for this one because I could set it up on the Apple TV and it promised to override the geoblocking. In my case, anyway, it turned out to be a colossal waste of time, energy, and money
- Submitted By Kwok-on Lo on 13/02/2019I have been working in China for the past 7 years and relied 90% of the time on Express VPN. Our company has 5 subscriptions. I wish they would have a white label so that we could provide our shareholders with a custom branded experience. The Mobile app for phones is fantastic, connects quickly and rock solid. I can't say the same for the desktop version when operating in China. For some reason on Windows 10 desktop, I'd say the reliability is about 70% nowadays. Sometimes, has a very hard time connecting, sometimes unstable as the great firewall gets smarter every day.
The top VPN provider on the market, ExpressVPN offers high-quality services at reasonable prices. They provide advanced features, as well as maximum reliability, fast speeds, and complete anonymity.
In order to make it to the very top, a VPN provider must meet some serious requirements. Our team has identified 7 crucial features of every first-class VPN provider.
Read our comprehensive TunnelBear vs. ExpressVPN comparison to find out which provider works better for you.
- TunnelBear is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. You can also get a plug-in for Chrome and Opera. It can be installed on 5 devices simultaneously.
- ExpressVPN works on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and Blackberry. It’s also compatible with routers as well. You can use it on up to 3 devices at the same time.
- TunnelBear has an excellent Help section, which features a convenient search box that can help you find answers to your questions. However, if you don’t find your answer there, you have to fill an online form and wait for a reply since live chat isn’t available.
- ExpressVPN provides superb customer support through live chat. You can also ask for help via email or simply check out their informative FAQ and knowledge base sections.
- TunnelBear provides access to shared/dynamic IP addresses.
- ExpressVPN uses only shared/dynamic IP addresses as well.
- TunnelBear offers 3 different plans: Little, Giant, and Grizzly. The Little plan is free and provides you with 500MB of data every month. The Giant and Grizzly plans both offer unlimited traffic and great speed. The Giant plan costs $9.99 per month while the Grizzly plan costs $4.99 a month if billed annually.
- ExpressVPN also has 3 subscription plans. The monthly subscription costs $12.95, the semi-annual is $9.99 per month, and the annual subscription is $8.32 a month. All plans come with unlimited bandwidth and high speed.
- TunnelBear protects you with OpenVPN UDP and TCP and IPSec/IKEVv2 protocols.
- ExpressVPN takes care of your anonymity by using OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TunnelBear offers servers located in over 20 world countries. You get unlimited bandwidth with the paid plans. TunnelBear can be set to launch at start-up so you don’t have to worry about reconnecting your VPN every time.
- ExpressVPN provides access to 500 servers in 87 different countries all over the globe. Unlimited speed, bandwidth and server switching enable its outstanding performance. ExpressVPN also supports P2P and offers DNS leak protection.
Security & Protection
- TunnelBear keeps you completely anonymous thanks to super-strong 256-bit encryption. Its GhostBear system prevents VPN blocking. Additionally, TunnelBear has a kill switch, doesn’t keep logs, and accepts BitCoin payments.
- ExpressVPN uses top-quality AES 256-bit encryption for premium protection. It has a no logs policy and provides a kill switch and a highly secure NAT firewall as well. You can also use BitCoin to pay for your subscription.