PrivateVPN and TunnelBear both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Excellent speed/security
- 6 simultaneous connections
- 24/7 live chat user support
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ryder Clay on 01/05/2020What made me choose PrivateVPN is that I’ve read in a couple of places that it has servers with special IPs for netflix, amazon prime etc. Some servers get busy sometimes which makes the connection not that reliable and I’d suggest that there’s an option to see how many people are currently on the server so it doesn’t get overcrowded.
- Submitted By Gaige Sullivan on 12/05/2019I’m from London and I have to say PrivateVPN is every gamer’s dream come true, I’m able to play without bugs or buffering or getting disconnected and I use it on my laptop for work and while playing on my home computer so it’s not limited to only one device.
- Submitted By Ronald Carter on 06/20/2018Great vpn but I wish It had support for some other platforms as well. Hope this happens in the future. I especially like the fact that it can be used in China since I go there regularly for work.
- Submitted By Jenny White on 03/13/2018Fast and easy to use with a ton of great servers around me. Def recommend PrivateVPN!
- Submitted By Turtl3dud3 on 11/29/2019Fantastic, easy to use. Occasional connection problems, but ususually works great. It pretty much never has problems on my iPhone 6 (Impressive considering how old it is) but sometimes glitches on my Windows 10 computer.
- Submitted By Felix Z. on 09/29/2019Works perfectly, 500MB for free is actually pretty neat, if you recommend it you can get 1GB extra. I also can't complain about the speed.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
TunnelBear operates servers in 20+ world countries, uses strong encryption, boasts a variety of useful security features, and does not keep logs of your activity. Read our TunnelBear review for more info.