The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. ProtonVPN and TunnelBear have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our ProtonVPN VS TunnelBear comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Great ease of use
- AES-256 encryption
- DNS leak protection
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Bharat Sahu on 02/19/20195 stars
- Submitted By Martin Dale on 05/28/2018This is brilliant for what I want it for, using it for Windows now just waiting for it to be on the Amazon Firestick/TV.
- Submitted By Roger Daniels on 01/16/2018THE best VPN, if you can afford Plus or Visionary.
- Submitted By Joanna Jonson on 12/6/2017Really easy to use, no logs, great protection, but I think that there should be a Visionary plan without ProtonMail and that it should cost less, because really, $24 is way too much.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By Dan Rowland, on 03/12/2017Pretty satisfied, just can’t believe it doesn’t allow torrenting, what’s up with that?
TunnelBear operates servers in 20+ world countries. It uses strong encryption and boasts a variety of useful security features. It does not keep logs of your activity and allows you to pay with BitCoin.