Surfshark and TunnelBear are considered to be among the best VPN companies in the world. To an inexperienced eye, they may seem almost identical. Users interested in getting a VPN often face a dilemma concerning which of these two to go for and which provider is better for their particular needs.
- Optimized for HD streaming
- Military-grade encryption
- Strict no-logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Colin C. 01/22/2019Their interface does look really simple but it made it absolutely fool-proof for me. It, also, works great with Netflix and Amazon. As per tech part, I was happy they have static IPs and not dynamic. Though, it's a bit different. They have many servers in each country/city and you can get a different IP or the same IP every time. You'll be connected to the nearest and fastest server in the location that you chose, so you cannot know what IP you'll get until you're actually connected. So far so good, but I'll keep an eye on the news because the service speed and features are great, so I would love to have their dedicated IP too.
- Submitted By Roman on 12/30/2018Hello Do not buy it. I had installed software on 3 PCs, notebook and android and all starts to have problems with internet, network... even if surfshark is not connected... Software is piece of crap. I paid for 24 months and I want refund after few days more than 30 days and the reject to refund. Do not trust SurfShark. Pay a little more and everything will at least work which won't with surfshark!
- Submitted By P on 11/21/2018This site needs updating. Surfshark does have a killswitch for one. Also what puts this far and above PIA is its based in the Virgin Islands while PIA is USA based. This is huge when anyone tries to trace your activity. Any US based VPN providers MUST cave to internal enforcement and provide as much detail about you as possible. Speeds are phenominal,I have almost no impact on bandwidth even from remote connections.
- Submitted By Edward Perez on 06/11/2018I'm waiting for new apps since I can't use it on my iPhone. I can't be bothered to try and set up things manually since I don't want to and even if I did, I wouldn't know how. So, really hoping the company launches some new apps in the near future.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By Dan Rowland, on 03/12/2017Pretty satisfied, just can’t believe it doesn’t allow torrenting, what’s up with that?
TunnelBear operates servers in 20+ world countries. It uses strong encryption and boasts a variety of useful security features. It does not keep logs of your activity and allows you to pay with BitCoin.