VPNArea and ExpressVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- No-logging policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Torrenting allowed
- Efficient user support
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Michael Brown on 05/10/2018I have been using VPNArea for several months now and am extremely happy with their service. Speeds and connectivity are very good. The help desk were great when I had an initial log-in error issue..which was my fault. Overall I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good vpn.
- Submitted By Ella Green on 08/23/2017The speed is incredible! It's like I'm not even using a vpn.
- Submitted By John Lee on 08/19/2017User support was just amazing. They answered all my questions and I could tell they knew exactly what they were talking about. The guys definitely know their stuff.
- Submitted By Ian Black on 08/02/2017I was looking for a good vpn for torrenting and I think I'm gonna stick with vpnarea for the foreseeable future.
- Submitted By Dave Wu on 07/29/2019Not working in China anymore!!! Start from March, Expressvpn heavily interfered, took at least 2min to set up the connection if you got lucky. Tried minutes ago, still same. Setup your own VPS is the only way to bypass GFW now. Don't buy any VPN, the same situation applies to NordVPN
- Submitted By Al on 04/25/2019As of April 2019, Express barely works in China. Either you cannot connect, takes forever to connect or keeps getting disconnected. You have been warned.
- Submitted By Dale on 03/24/2019This has been nothing but trouble. After setting it up, it ran at 1/5 the normal internet speed, their claims of transparency notwithstanding. Trying the same servers on three other VPNs all returned speeds about 15% below the usual, so it clearly was very slow. Contacting support was not helpful, as they blamed variables that were the same for all the VPNs tested. They were more interesting in explaining it away then addressing the issues. The geoblocking worked for 12 hours, and then the next day I could not access geoblocked US sites. Two hours online help did not resolve the problem. While support is immediate, it simply did nothing to alleviate the problem. I am shocked, as this service gets nearly universal acclaim for reliability and speed, but that was not the case for me. Nearly every VPN I have used worked better than this, including the free ones. My setup is not unusual. I opted for this one because I could set it up on the Apple TV and it promised to override the geoblocking. In my case, anyway, it turned out to be a colossal waste of time, energy, and money
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services located in the British Virgin Islands and sporting a solid security setup, vast server network, excellent speeds and performance, and impressive geo-spoofing capabilities.